Adama Traore

mwj

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

the way I see it is he was probably close with Gil and Crespo who both left and being young and injured in another country is probably horrible for a young player

Or he just can't be arsed playing for a team in the second tier.

Edit: I was slightly worried about this kid when we signed him (mainly excited, granted).

Edited by bobzy

I said he had an attitude problem and was a grade A prick last season. Nice to see nothing has changed, there is a reason Barcelona **** him off even though he has talent. This kid reminds me of Balotelli with his attitude.  

word removed :rant:

• Like 1

Dissapointing news, but not a total shocker...I think some posters had even hinted before that he apparently hates England, so a move back to Spain makes sense. While it does seem that he just isn't interested in putting in the effort with Villa any longer, at least he seems to be the one pushing for the move (instead of vice versa which seems to usually be the case these days) and hopefully his agent can find a team willing to pay for him. One thing I would like to see in any deal though is a sell on fee. 

16 minutes ago, KJT123 said:

Who can blame him. When he's fit, he hasn't been given a proper chance, and whenever he did feature he always impressed. Hope we don't sell him for a massively cut price. 

This is how he'll be remembered. But I don't really remember him the same way. He played against Rotherham, and didn't exactly impress. Albeit he only played for 15 minutes, in which time Rotherham were giving it their best shot to get a goal back, but he hardly impressed. He had one powerful run which ended with a shot off target, after he overhit what should have been a simple pass to Ayew. 

His performances for us have been mixed, on a scale from 'unpredictably brilliant' to 'anonymous'.

Sometimes he can be frightening, and other times you may aswell give Gabby a blindfold and ask him to run as fast as he can with the ball until he hits something.

I'm disappointed, like others, but I'm more disappointed for him, that he may waste his potential. He doesn't seem to have improved from the first time we saw him against Crystal Palace.

I have a feeling we'll check on him in 3 or 4 years time, and question why he never became the player that he looked like he could be.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, andym said:

He has a lot of raw attributes but is sorely lacking in other areas. Saturday summed him up - he went on a 60 yard run at full pelt with players just bouncing off him, and then massively overhit what should have been a basic 10 yard pass. I don't think he touched the ball after that, and he had no idea where he was meant to be on the pitch without the ball, clueless in terms of positioning.

Absolutely this. He stood out tight to the touch line for the rest of the match and didn't touch the ball again. 

No loss. 

60k a week returns to the Doc's back pocket. 

No loss. The balotelli comment above might just have some resonance to it.

We go again, towards the team spirit we need this season.

He's got massive talent, but seems really greedy with the ball. If his heart isn't in it, then i don't care if he goes. Not really seen much of him to suggest he will be a big loss.

I'd rather we loaned him out just to be sure

at the end of the day he got relegated with the worst barca b team in recent memory, he then barely played and got relegated with the worst villa team in memory

hes incredibly selfish and requires a hell of a lot of coaching, the rumours that he was dropped last night cos he turned up late...4 managers now haven't picked him...I personally don't believe for a minute the previous regime would put us anywhere near paying someone £90k a week so I don't believe the "can't" play him stuff

hes exciting no doubt about it, multiply it because we were so shit and boring last year, he's overrated on here, can't see many teams touching him, he'll end up a fringe player at Watford or something

• Like 2

@dont_do_it_doug. is bang on the money. No player is bigger than the club. Never has been never will be and anyone that doesn't want to be here then bye bye.

I have become sick to the back teeth of seeing players over the last few years simply going through the motions and not really giving a shit just happy to pick up their wages. You get a few of them in a squad and as we have found they drag everyone else down with them.

I am not saying it was the case but I wouldn't be surprised if Traore didn't exactly break his balls in trying to get fit and recover from the injuries he has apparently had or do as many players do and play with a knock and not 100% fit.

Hopefully he has something lined up and we can quickly move him out and replace him with someone who wants to be here and who can stay fit for more than a couple of weeks.

Edited by markavfc40

Agree with what has been said about his raw talent and his limitations.  He has been an enigma since he came with injuries, attitude and God knows what keeping him out apart from a few short cameos. This could be an opportunity if we can get business done in time.  Maybe we can used the sale to replace him with a more rounded, reliable and resilient winger, who may have a less flash and raw pace/ability, but knows how to beat a man and cross a ball. We have been crying out for more width in the team.

Edited by Gary Thomas

Â