Adama Traore

mwj

22 minutes ago, KSV said:

He's still only 20ish.  Let's not forget that. Just because he's built like a tank. He needs time to develop like all the other youths.

Good point. I think the fact he came from Barca really raised expectations early on, but he is still young and very raw. He definitely posseses the skills to make him a hit and with the right coaching he can be great at this level. 

34 minutes ago, KSV said:

He's still only 20ish.  Let's not forget that. Just because he's built like a tank. He needs time to develop like all the other youths.

i think he can become a powerhouse like bolassie 

• Like 1

Loved his run but blimey he's got one hell of a lot to learn. Constantly hogs the touch line even when the play and long balls to gestede are on the opposite side, no anticipation on where the ball might be and how he should be involved. At one point he had to be directed from the touch line to get himself move to the middle of the pitch.

if he can learn he will be a good player, if he doesn't he'll only ever be a bit part player....in my opinion.

4 hours ago, VillanousOne said:

just don't get how someone who's football education was at one of the best footballing clubs/academies in the world could be so lacking in some of the fundementals

I guess they don't need to learn stuff like tracking back and positioning when you generally steamroller most opponents. 

13 hours ago, Xela said:

I guess they don't need to learn stuff like tracking back and positioning when you generally steamroller most opponents. 

It is strange since the high pressure from the attackers is on of the cornerstones in the Barcelona system. Winning the ball early and keeping possession is the base of their entire style.

Having him on the pitch standing where he does automatically means that 2 players from whatever team we're playing can't really ignore him.  If a ball gets pinged out from defence to him, and they've committed men forward, bye bye.

For the mean time, bring him on with 20/30 mins at a time.  When he gets used to our play then it's inevitable he'll make some starts.

Â