Adama Traore

mwj

9 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I get what you mean and was thinking the same, body more suited to a sprinter, as in spurts, not made to run around for 90 minutes as too much stress. However, what about that huge bastard who plays/played for wolves is it doesn't seem to have had problems? Correct me please, the VERY muscle bound lad. I think Adama may need to work on strengthening his joints, connective tissue etc Hopefully the "Sheikh" can sort him out.

Elokobi? Now he is a beast (not sure if he is still at Wolves) .The difference between Adama and him is though that Adama is an attacking player and hence needs to twist and turn at pace in order to create chances more than Elokobi (A LB I think).  Adama is built like a tank and is very quick which means he posseses higher than normal momentum (velocity x mass) when moving.  Therefore, more force is required to change direction / stop which more than likely results in higher than normal strain on all parts of the body - causing more frequent injuries.  There is a balance to be struck between mass and strength dependent on the sport. Ronaldo (the Portuguese) is probably the ideal physical specimen for a footballer and hence rarely gets injured. Adama is carrying a bit too much mass = injured more often.

That's at least my interpretation of it. Physios / Physical Therapists / Personal Trainers feel free to correct me - I'm an Engineer.:D 

Nevertheless, like you have said hopefully the "Sheikh" can weave his magic spell and fix him.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, StanBalaban said:

Whilst running the risk of sounding like something Karl Pilkington might ask, is the lad too big for his body?

The Barcelona medical team might have provided him with some "assistance" in that regard and I'd hazard a guess they'd be providing more of the same "assistance" overcoming his current injuries.

while I get excited when he was playing it was an absolute shocking signing and we should have went for tried and tested Lennon or Townsend instead of a pet project

his fitness is poor too, I dont know if that his own personal habits or jsut unlucky. I cant even remember his last game for us. was it Sunderland away

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Zatman said:

while I get excited when he was playing it was an absolute shocking signing and we should have went for tried and tested Lennon or Townsend instead of a pet project

his fitness is poor too, I dont know if that his own personal habits or jsut unlucky. I cant even remember his last game for us. was it Sunderland away

To be honest i dont blame them for trying to get adama, he does look like a exciting prospect. But a syou highlighted he has a terrible fitness record. I think even I am less injury prone than him. 

14 hours ago, UppsalaVillan said:

I'm gonna get an Adama shirt to put up in the loft next to my Lamptey and Balaban ones..

I saw Nii Lamptey score a fantastic goal against Wigan in the cup once. I really thought he was going to be the real deal after that.

On 7/27/2016 at 21:25, Zatman said:

Even though I'm an advocate of him it was an extremely poor use of resources, that money should have been spent on someone who was going to immediately improve us.

13 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Isn't there a Berson shirt tucked away up there as well?

and an Ivo Stas one for the slightly older fans. :)

• Like 3

Â