Jordan Veretout

MikeMcKenna

He's just getting his information from an avfc fan on twitter if you look further down he asks someone what bmh is. The main guy has just said they want more money which makes sense with Nixon's comments. Don't think this one is a goer. Club are just trying to raise an auction and vet spurs Liverpool bidding

You mean like Ayew and Amavi didn't happen because of exactly the same thing?

If the player is at BMH and its clear we want him. I'm sure a agreement will be reached.

True but Nixon was confident on amalvi and ayew, doesn't seem to think this one will happen and he's been spot on so far. Doesn't quite feel like the amalvi and ayew deal, no ones actually confirmed he is in Birmingham and I just don't see this one conning through. We'll see though

I think after Trents comments it's safe to say he is meeting with us today.

Is he also meeting with Leicester and/or Southamptoon?! That's entirely possible.

It feels a lot like the Amavi deal for me, which went on for what seemed like ages, was all very quiet with some stuff in the French press... And then... BOOM he's holding the shirt :)

Fingers crossed

Nixon was only confident as he had direct links to the player's agent here.  I don't think such a link is evident here so he won't be as in the loop.

That said, it's always worrying when a highly rated player may be signing.  Always a concern of being gazumpped.

if two people who have made good predictions can't agree on the end result of this speculation then I think it's best we just hope for the best and stay patient.

Alright gandalf

He's just getting his information from an avfc fan on twitter if you look further down he asks someone what bmh is. The main guy has just said they want more money which makes sense with Nixon's comments. Don't think this one is a goer. Club are just trying to raise an auction and vet spurs Liverpool bidding

You mean like Ayew and Amavi didn't happen because of exactly the same thing?

If the player is at BMH and its clear we want him. I'm sure a agreement will be reached.

True but Nixon was confident on amalvi and ayew, doesn't seem to think this one will happen and he's been spot on so far. Doesn't quite feel like the amalvi and ayew deal, no ones actually confirmed he is in Birmingham and I just don't see this one conning through. We'll see though

Nixon never stopped banging on about Cherri and he got that one wrong

if two people who have made good predictions can't agree on the end result of this speculation then I think it's best we just hope for the best and stay patient.

Alright gandalf

YOU SHALL NOT PASS!

Nixon was only confident as he had direct links to the player's agent here.  I don't think such a link is evident here so he won't be as in the loop.

That said, it's always worrying when a highly rated player may be signing.  Always a concern of being gazumpped.

but all Nixon has said is 'sounds like an auction' which is probably based on the same comments/tweets/articles doing the rounds that we are all reading, rather than any inside info. It could be possible that he isn't in ITK on this one yet?

or... he is and he thinks we won't get caught up in a bidding war

• Like 1

Alright gandalf

YOU SHALL NOT PASS!

gonna break out the good ol' "I will not say, do not weep, for not all tears are an evil" when we lose out on this signing.

Alright gandalf

YOU SHALL NOT PASS!

gonna break out the good ol' "I will not say, do not weep, for not all tears are an evil" when we lose out on this signing.

He's at BH, we must be close to completing the signing.

• Like 1

Alright gandalf

YOU SHALL NOT PASS!

Is he? Do we know this?

Quite weirdly Trent and Whispers have said a lot of the same stuff.  Trent care to explain? :D

Anyone who knows me or has read my thoughts on here over the years knows I'm not a fan of Twitter :)

I don't bloody understand the thing to be honest, it makes me feel old!

I've no further news on this one to share I'm afraid only what I've previously been told which is what I posted.

Right now I'm just crossing my fingers like everyone else.

One thing I would say though, is if it doesn't come off I'm at least confident in those pulling the strings now at B6 and BMH that there will be other irons in the fire. The way things have been run this summer have been in my view highly professional and impressive and might I say quite Arsenal esc.....

In Tim (Reilly and the chap who's name I can't remember how to spell) we trust.

Good excuse... "It makes me feel old" :D

Alright gandalf

YOU SHALL NOT PASS!

Is he? Do we know this?

A number of french journalists have said he is. 

Anyone who knows me or has read my thoughts on here over the years knows I'm not a fan of Twitter :)

I'm with you, I don't use it at all...and from what I read it's just a place for suckers, attention whores and click baiters.

It really does sound bad, seemingly you can be anyone...post some shit on twatter and bang it's in the public domain given way more credit than it deserves.

His President said he would take the offer that we made. That means it all comes down to how we pay that and what the player wants, surely? Bearing in mind his president also said he had his heart set on a move to Villa, the only thing that could jeopardise this in my eyes is the following:

1. The President has had a change of heart and now wants more money.
  2. The President wants better payment terms - say we offered 5m up front and rest in instalments but he wants 7m up front and rest in instalments etc.
  3. The terms we have offered the player are not to his satisfaction and he's looking for a better deal.
  4. Clubs, other than Leicester and more appealing, have joined the chase for the player and he now wants to talk to them before making a decision.

Personally, I think that he will join us. He had his heart set on us and the president declared that he would take what we were offering. If we need to give more up front and reasonably more in wages to get the lad in then surely that has to be done? Come on Villa, make this happen!

Â