Jordan Ayew

HeyAnty

24 minutes ago, striker said:

I'd be letting McCormack go before Ayew.

Ayew has little end product and is too selfish for me - McCormack is a team player , granted he's had a poor start here but so did jedinak and I'm sure mccormack will come good - as for ayew he runs into trouble too often and rarely delivers - useful on the bench maybe but that's as good as it gets .

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

Not for me. McCormack can offer something that are other strikers don't. Ayew Is similar to adomah kodjia and grealish 

Not sure I'd agree he's similar to them but definitely inferior to them .

28 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

The proven goal scorer before the guy that doesn't look like he will ever be a goal scorer, not for me.

Not this season and hasn't looked the same player while at Leeds and Fulham. Has been a major disappointment for me in a Villa shirt and Villa are doing well enough without him.

Edited by striker

2 minutes ago, striker said:

Not this season and hasn't looked the same player while at Leeds and Fulham. Has been a major disappointment for me in a Villa shirt and Villa are doing well enough without him.

I remember you wrote jedinak off only a few weeks ago - football is hugely about confidence and McCormack will come good for us - ayew had had far more game time and hardly delivered.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, striker said:

Couldn't care less about Fulham. 

I'd take him over Ayew any day, both have been a disappointment but only one has shown he is capable of better previously.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I find it confusing that he appeared to be a better decision maker and more clinical last season in the Premier League. He really isn't putting it together in the way we thought he would at this level. Wasn't bad yesterday but he could and should be so much better against sides like Cardiff.

I think it a combination of Premier League defences didnt take us serious at end of last season and fact he playing with better players in the team. Kodjia, Adomah, Jack be all ahead of him on team sheet at the moment

2 hours ago, Eastie said:

I remember you wrote jedinak off only a few weeks ago - football is hugely about confidence and McCormack will come good for us - ayew had had far more game time and hardly delivered.

Yeah fair point about Jedinak but I'm not sure McCormack has delivered much in the time he has played for Villa hence the limited game time with both the previous manager and Bruce.

Just think that Ayew has offered the Villa more going forward and tracking back so far but it is a game of opinions. 

Edited by striker

49 minutes ago, striker said:

Yeah fair point about Jedinak but I'm not sure McCormack has delivered much in the time he has played for Villa hence the limited game time with both the previous manager and Bruce.

Just think that Ayew has offered the Villa more going forward and tracking back so far but it is a game of opinions. 

Ayew looks good in flashes but his final ball is rarely good - I feel McCormack has more to his game with his link up play , delivery at set pieces and ability to convert chances - he has got off to a poor start at villa but rdm was clueless tactically and McCormack has rarely been available to Bruce - his chance will soon come and its down to him to take it .

i will miss kodija and adomah when away in January but I don't feel ayew will be much of a loss.

Have a feeling he will be off in Jan. 

Very good player at times but we don't see enough of it and he looks completely disinterested to me.

Arguably our best player up until Bruce came in. He hasn't played well of late, but when are we going to get over writing players off based on 3 or 4 ropey appearances? Unless the people saying get rid now have just been biding their time, in which case fair enough, each to their own. However you're wrong. 

His end product is at times shocking. But he always stretches the defence, keeps them working, puts a shift in for his teammates. He does chip in with a few as well as assists and he has games when he's unplayable. Maybe not enough, but maybe that can be coached?

Admittedly I missed yesterday's game, my first for 2 years so I have seen him through every minute up until then. I think he's been our best player for much of that time and I think a little bit of slack is in order. 

• Like 4

I noticed he was getting a bit frustrated yesterday as an on a couple of occasions he was in space out wide and the ball never came to him. When he isn't involved his body language then does him no favours as he can look disinterested.

I think it is great that we can seriously say that maybe Ayew shouldn't be starting as there maybe better options as that shows the level of players we have up top.

For me Kodjia, Adomah and Grealish definitely have to start at the moment. Then depending on if we are going with a more defensive three or as yesterday Grealish is going to drop back into an attacking mid role then Ayew is competing with McCormack, Gestede and Gabby for a spot.

Highlights are rarely a sound way to judge a performance, however did he not play quite a crucial role in the first two goals yesterday? It was a neat little one-two to set Amavi away for the first and for the second he ran the ball across the line, stretched play and spread to Hutton then slotted into the playmaker role where he had a couple more successful touches.

Maybe he was dogshit other than that?

Players have good games and bad games.  Beauty is that when Ayew has a dip, we have players to bring on and contribute.  Just like when Ayew came on against Reading, and won us the game.  First time we've had options in years.

Only front line players id see leave are Gabby and Kozak, and maybe bring one in.

21 hours ago, striker said:

I don't know about going forward because McCormack's final ball is so good. But I think tracking is a big part of it. Bruce likes his sides to be solid defensively and Ayew + Adomah definitely put a shift in off the ball. Grealish looks a better player centrally, so as much as I rate McCormack, I think you're a worse team with Grealish wide and McCormack at the #10

Â