Jordan Ayew

HeyAnty

3 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Yeah but Ayew can create chances for himself out of nothing, not sure McCormack can tbh. Up front Ayew would have many more chances.

yes but to counter that he doesn't act like a striker and get into the positions like Mcormack. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TheMelvillan said:

mind you, if he had a permanently happy face like Steve Martin or Robin Williams, he would get slaughtered if we lost or he missed a chance.

People be crazy

I'm sure wasnt a problem for Dwight Yorke

He can do the different - that's a rarity - and at this level, I think he'll be very effective at doing the different. He's developed a lovely habit of running into the space between four players, drawing them all towards him and then laying the ball off. I like that.

His attitude is bad, but in a very good way - he's an entitled, determined, grumpy man - it's the attitude of Chelsea, of Fabregas, of Wenger - he's a winner - I think the face and the attitude are different - he's got a sad face, I think that's just the bit of Frenchness in him, he's been raised in a country where people who smile are considered idiots. I'll take both of those things in exchange for the player he is.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Needs a song

Desperately.  Anything would be better than nothing!!   We should just sing this IMO. Very simple and sounds good. 

Na na na na na na na Ayyyyyyyew (to the Hey Jude theme).

Think I have heard this a few times already - just need more to get behind it.

Edited by Gary Thomas
  • Like 1

You know Led Zeppelin's "Immigrant Song"... and at the start it goes...

"Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah"

We should change that to "Ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyew!"

Or...

The old John Carew song, but for Jordan Ayew....

Jordan Ayew, Ayew,

He's got more skills than me and you

He's gunna score one or two

Jordan Ayew, Ayew...

Something like that...

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

Gotta reference his grumpiness:

Jordan Ayew Ayew

He looks grumpy but he'll skin you

He goes past one then two

Oh Ayew Ayew

Edit. Don't think it matters much what we sing for him, as long as we sing something!

Edited by Gary Thomas

Every single time he took the wrong choice. Every single time... 

He is clearly really talented, as (for example) his late burst from the left wing into the area the long way round the fullback showed. But on the flip side, in a different incident, how did he fail to see Kodjia was through on goal and was just a simple tap of the ball away?

He really doesn't seem a part of the team. He just doesn't 'fit' somehow.

Edited by Lichfield Dean
Clarification

2 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

He is clearly really talented, as (for example) his late burst from the left wing into the area the long way round the fullback showed. But on the flip side, in a different incident, how did he fail to see Kodjia was through on goal and was just a simple tap of the ball away?

He just wont pass, not first time this season by the sounds of it

Â