Jordan Ayew

HeyAnty

30 minutes ago, VillakevBromsgrove said:

Love this player but god is he frustrating, he had a superb run and hit the post, yes it was a great shot and unlucky but after that he had his hands on his head and turned away from goal showing his disappointment, while this is understandable the ball was still in play and in our possession and he should have been running into the box.

I thought it was disgusting and everybody watching game in bar thought the same thing, we still had an attack and it stunk of me me me attitude. sort of thing Ronaldo gets moaned at for

no surprise his better games are the Sky games

On 24/09/2016 at 23:24, Zatman said:

he is easily the most frustrating player I have seen, he can beat 3 players and then instead of passing he wants to beat a 4th and then loses the ball. he also is a me me me player instead of a team player

Very selfish player. 

Apart from his assists this season and the f**kton of chances he's created that duff teammates couldn't convert, what has he done for us?

The player you've described above sounds more like N'Zog.  But whereas N'Zog would invariably find blind allies from initially good attacking positions, Ayew has the awareness to draw two to three players to him and then slide a teammate through. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, VillakevBromsgrove said:

Love this player but god is he frustrating, he had a superb run and hit the post, yes it was a great shot and unlucky but after that he had his hands on his head and turned away from goal showing his disappointment, while this is understandable the ball was still in play and in our possession and he should have been running into the box.

There is also a danger of the ones THAT ARE making the major contribution get the blame.

It happens at work where the conscientious ones get the flak and the idle ones get away with it......its called "killing a willing horse"

I know this does not apply to you as you have already declared your appeal to him.

• If a player is a grafter/plodder and not much else... he will get flak
  • If a player has technical ability, but doesn't graft/ is lightweight or always injured....he will get flak

The perfectly rounded player who ticks all the boxes is unlikely to be with us for obvious reasons.

It is the job of the manager to manage and blend all the attributes we have got in to a TEAM

It is no good any manager standing by and seeing what turns up on show......Its his job to Manage it

13 hours ago, HolteExile said:

Very selfish player. 

Apart from his assists this season and the f**kton of chances he's created that duff teammates couldn't convert, what has he done for us?

The player you've described above sounds more like N'Zog.  But whereas N'Zog would invariably find blind allies from initially good attacking positions, Ayew has the awareness to draw two to three players to him and then slide a teammate through. 

I am not disagreeing with your general sentiment.....but I see a team who for the large part treat the ball as a hot potato and KEEP IT for milli seconds...that contributes to playing the opposition in to the game.

Jordan Ayew does actually hold it. .....As cloughie once said if the opposition haven't got the ball there is zilch they can do to hurt you.....so for me that is a bit of a positive.

I also think, the fact he is only one of a few who can hold it contributes to what bit of a defensive side to our game we have.

Yes, there is a case for releasing it at the right time.....that for me is as much a running off the ball problem as a Jordan Ayew problem.....its a bit of both.

15 hours ago, Zatman said:

I thought it was disgusting and everybody watching game in bar thought the same thing, we still had an attack and it stunk of me me me attitude. sort of thing Ronaldo gets moaned at for

no surprise his better games are the Sky games

Angel used to do that a lot...I remember a game v Bolton he hit the bar with a free kick and turned around in disguist as the ball flew back towards him!

9 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

The defending for his goal shows how shite this league really is.

Should have been tackled and should have set up Kodija instead. Luckily he didn't but his selfishness has already cost is games.

2 hours ago, AshVilla said:

I really feel for this guy

Busts a gut every game in this one he finally gets a goal and we still don't win the game

Won't blame him if he wants out in Jan 

Been that way since last season, I remember one of his interviews where he said "every game it's the same thing, we play teams which are not better than us and throw it away, it is frustrating". You could see the disgust in his face (Slightly more than he always has. lol )

He acts like our boss out there. He doesn't pass, because others are not good enough. He doesn't smile, he doesn't celebrate with anyone after he scores. Others can celebrate his goal if they want to.

Normally I'd hate this kind of attitude. With this team I don't. We need a non-wuss like him.

18 hours ago, AVTuco said:

He acts like our boss out there. He doesn't pass, because others are not good enough. He doesn't smile, he doesn't celebrate with anyone after he scores. Others can celebrate his goal if they want to.

Normally I'd hate this kind of attitude. With this team I don't. We need a non-wuss like him.

You should have seen him celebrate last night. Like he was possessed. 

5 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

You should have seen him celebrate last night. Like he was possessed. 

What did he do? - I've only seen the highlights where he jogged to the touch line, turned around and got hugged, then the clip ends.

Edited by villan_007

5 minutes ago, villan_007 said:

What did he do? - I've only seen the highlights where he jogged to the touch line, turned around and got hugged, then the clip ends.

He then ran off to the bench and hugged everyone there too. It went on for about a minute. The guy next to me actually used the words "get on with it now you bloody idiot". 

Â