Jordan Ayew

HeyAnty

No, but i'm sure many heard of him and had seen him play before he joined Villa. Believe it or not him and his brother were both highly rated coming through the Marseille academy and just because people don't sit and watch Lorient or Ghana week in, week out doesn't mean they don't have some awareness of what he is about.

I think a goal could change it all for young Ayew. At the moment he can't control a football or do anything right but I think that is more to do with him being unsettled in his surroundings than a reflection of his actual ability. Let's hope he gets a goal soon then we can judge his true ability. 

Edited by West

No, but i'm sure many heard of him and had seen him play before he joined Villa. Believe it or not him and his brother were both highly rated coming through the Marseille academy and just because people don't sit and watch Lorient or Ghana week in, week out doesn't mean they don't have some awareness of what he is about.

Franny Jeffers was highly rated as a kid too.

Feel for the kid. He's not only had to adapt to a new country/language/league he's had to do it in the shadow of his brother, playing better football in a better team who has hit the ground running. 

To write him off now is not only damaging for him its criminally unsupportive. He might still turn out to be shit, but deserves a season to prove himself. 

• Like 2

He reminds me a lot of Julian Joachim but may be slightly worse?

I could be mean and say Julian Joachim now would still offer more!! But actually I just wanted to go completely Off Topic and just say wasn't Julian Joachim the most underrated striker we ever had?! He was quietly brilliant and yet few would even recognise a picture of him today!

Feel for the kid. He's not only had to adapt to a new country/language/league he's had to do it in the shadow of his brother, playing better football in a better team who has hit the ground running. 

To write him off now is not only damaging for him its criminally unsupportive. He might still turn out to be shit, but deserves a season to prove himself. 

Yep that's been my point all along.  Let's give him absolutely every chance to be a success.  Whether he turns out to be or not, let's support him to the last, because it benefits everyone if he can turn it around.

As for the Joachim comparison.  If Ayew can get anything like 45 goals in his Villa career then I'll be very happy with that.

• Like 2

Â