Jordan Amavi

Villaphan04

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

I take your point , but GB did gives us 12 years.

Which is great but irrelevant in deciding what an acceptable fee is for a player. 

PS, If I'm being picky, he didn't give us anything he was paid very well during his time at Villa. We didn't owe him anything and visa versa.

He won't be sold in January I am confident of that. I also think regardless of who comes in for him he won't kick up a stink.

To keep him though, and one or two others, beyond this season we have to get promoted. You can sell players the dream of competing in the upper echelons of the Prem but you can't keep doing it whilst sitting in the Championship as it won't wash.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 2

Amavi has been one of the positives of this season. He has all the attributes to be one of the best left backs in the world. He is still very young and raw and will only get better. I don't think I've seen him have a bad game this season. He's had a couple of lapses in concentration that cost us but that was early on. I've no idea how the Barry transfer got brought into it but unless he comes out in the paper and asks for a move we shouldn't consider it no matter how much money is offered. If we don't go up we can look again the summer but promotion is worth more than any fee we will get or want. 

11 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

For the same reason we would sell our best left back in years, it is equally illogical.

Which was partially the point.

The situations aren't analogous though. If Liverpool really wanted Amavi they could unsettle him. We certainly can't do the same to any of their players. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

If a club like Liverpool come in for him, he's gone. I can't see what we could do to keep him. He'd be insane to pass up the opportunity, too (as much as it pains me to say it).

"The Grass is not always greener" by C. Benteke

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Clyne is their starting right back

Well whatever, fact is still he is filling in at left and Milner on the right.

EDIT: I'm confused as I know Clyne is RB and Milner has been filling in a Left Back, but i'm sure I read an Amavi related story yesterday saying they were switched.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

Â