Jordan Amavi

Villaphan04

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/9/2016 at 08:17, mikeyp102 said:

Think he looked short and match fitness and confidence. Obviously didn't help playing him out of position. Think the mental issue may be a problem for a while, look how long it took Ramsey to rediscover form after his leg break. 

he did put in one great cross in the opening minutes which nobody attacked

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Surprisingly i thought he had a good game. Suprised he is getting crucified

I just popped into this thread and there seemed to be a posse getting ready to linch him. I thought he had a good game, constantly looked dangerous going forward, was hamstrung in the first half by the managers dodgy formation to an extent but overall was positive (imo).

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I thought he was horrific in the first half. His positioning, his touch, his passing. That dreadful cross.

The longer the game went on the better he got which was strange as I thought he would fade after so long out. He was very good last 20 minutes.

First half he had no protection and was overrun 2 to 1 by Yedlin and Ritchie. Second half Ayew played the role he is used to and offered some support, and I think Amavi did well, although you could see his frustration at Ayew for not returning the ball to him at times.

I much prefer him over the alternatives, and he's only going to improve this season and he gets fitter and gets his pace back.

49 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Agree. Was left exposed in the first half IMO.

Hyperbole on Villatalk? Nah, that can't be right.

He jumps into tackles a bit too willingly and often got caught out, but he was decent going forward IMO. A fair few occasions where he looked for a one-two with Ayew but Ayew just cut infield and took the ball on himself. 

I think he's a major reason behind the 3 centre backs/2 wing backs thing. 

• Like 1

he grew into the game and he was one of our best players in the second half. the confidence was flowing through him by the end, it was obvious. he's bound to be rusty after riding the bench as much as he has after his injury.

but obviously he isn't allowed any time to settle back into any kind of rhythm without the usual suspects in the firing squad waiting to push him against the wall.

Edited by abdomlahor

Â