Jordan Amavi

Villaphan04

15 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Oh well at least we will get to keep hold of him when we go down 

Sherwood has royally **** us this season by loaning out both Cissokho and Bennett leaving us with Kieran Richardson

All those facials have left an unpleasant residue on the club.

Seriously though I was unconcerned about Aly leaving he club, he's not going going forward and I don't think he's anywhere near as good defensively as some believe. I would prefer him over Richardson though.

2 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

9 months seems to be standard ACL recovery time. Could see him start the season next year.

Known 4-5 teammates with ACLs, recovery times were 1x 6 months 1x 12 months and the rest were 9ish months... depends a lot on the surgeon and how lazy you are with your rehab.

3 hours ago, Mantis said:

The one small positive I can think of is that if we go down this might give us a better chance of holding onto him maybe?

I'm confident that he'll recover eventually (Benteke did after all) but it really is **** annoying, especially since it came on international break. Doesn't surprise me though - this shit happens to us all the time.

But that's not true at all - some teams obviously have it worse than others and that's definitely been the case with us for the last few years. I check the injury table quite regularly and very rarely are we out of the top 5/6.

Cissokho to me is the best defensive full back on our books, he is solid one v one.

So yes if the plan for the next few weeks is to keep being solid as like v City, get a few more clean sheets which gets a minimum of 1 point on the board then yes I think he would still be a good option to have him in the squad.

Edit: Not sure why Mantis was quoted there as that was in response to WoodyTom.

Edited by VillaChris

58 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Cissokho to me is the best defensive full back on our books, he is solid one v one.

So yes if the plan for the next few weeks is to keep being solid as like v City, get a few more clean sheets which gets a minimum of 1 point on the board then yes I think he would still be a good option to have him in the squad.

Edit: Not sure why Mantis was quoted there as that was in response to WoodyTom.

Well if the plan was to stay solid then yes it worked, but I wouldn't say amavi is a defender who guarantees solidity anymore than Richardson. 

Although amavi played well, he has had defensive horror shows.

So your point about keeping it solid would kind of go out the window, if amavi wasn't injured imo.

I'm not saying he wouldn't be solid, just that your point could more than be opposed.

4 hours ago, Mantis said:

The one small positive I can think of is that if we go down this might give us a better chance of holding onto him maybe?

I'm confident that he'll recover eventually (Benteke did after all) but it really is **** annoying, especially since it came on international break. Doesn't surprise me though - this shit happens to us all the time.

But that's not true at all - some teams obviously have it worse than others and that's definitely been the case with us for the last few years. I check the injury table quite regularly and very rarely are we out of the top 5/6.

Ah but if we can keep a clean sheet or two with Amavi in the team, we certainly can with Cissokho in the team y'know like the clean sheet or two we kept under Lambert when he played.

I think the biggest problem over the next 6 weeks will be in the final third. We can draw games 0-0 but ultimately we need to score goals and win games, have we got enough goals in this team to win enough games, I'm not convinced at all.

Massive blow,he is a work in progress and has made mistakes but was much better than the other LB we have and is excellent going forward .Like I said his loss is huge because of the players that might replace him are liabilities really .

Â