Jordan Amavi

Villaphan04

28 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

He certainly looks better going forward than he does defending. Maybe he could be our Gareth Bale in a few years time? 

He isnt bad defending. Anyway sometimes attacking from fb is easier than a winger because there is a space. You could see it in Bacuna.

Although this guy is one of our best attacking players anyway, I would better say he is our Leighton Baines. I dont think he would do his best as a winger.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, abdulaziz1 said:

He isnt bad defending. Anyway sometimes attacking from fb is easier than a winger because there is a space. You could see it in Bacuna.

Although this guy is one of our best attacking players anyway, I would better say he is our Leighton Baines. I dont think he would do his best as a winger.

I wasn't saying he's bad at defending as such, he's still developing that side of his game. He's made some basic mistakes which to be fair the whole back line have. It can't have been easy playing with no cover from midfield. I hope he stays at left back, with is of course, and continues to develop. He has a lot of potential and would excel in the championship should we go down.

4 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

He certainly looks better going forward than he does defending. Maybe he could be our Gareth Bale in a few years time? 

i was going to say similar to Bale but didnt want people think I was saying they were the same level :P

12 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

So we're to assume you're an Amavi fan, not an Aston Villa fan, would that be correct?

Not at all, but I think he just deserves better league to show his talent than Championship, I'm sure few teams will pay us good sum and we'll find someone adequate as replacement. He moved to us to eventually move up, let's not be delusional, I doubt he'll want to play in lower league than the one he came from. 

Amavi has potential to be amazing, and I'd like to see that happen. Doesn't make me any less Villa fan. 

Edited by Alakagom

11 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

At this stage I couldn't give a **** about the career prospects of any member of our team, Amavi included.

^^^
THIS!!!

Why are so many people obsessed with seeing players do well after leaving us? Who actually cares what happens to them afterwards...

In only three circumstances would I genuinely care about a players future post-Villa:

1) The Petrov/Laursen reason - could not continue to play because of ill health. Retired with us as a hero
2) Buggering off abroad and never to be seen on these shores again in another English teams shirt
3) The Albrighton/Cahill/Weimann reason - deemed not good enough for regular first team football but came through the ranks

Unless Amavi stays with us until the end of time, I couldn't care less what he did with his life after leaving us...

• Like 2

On 2/14/2016 at 17:16, Alakagom said:

I said it before, but I hope he goes..what's the point of wasting his talent at Championship level..

Strange post are you a Villa fan? If you are you should want us to keep our best players?

On 2/14/2016 at 17:16, Alakagom said:

I said it before, but I hope he goes..what's the point of wasting his talent at Championship level..

I hear the sound of self-flagellation* in that remark - understandable in such times.

With a lucrative five year contract with Villa, history suggests Villa will either sell him or put him in the bomb-squad like to persuade him to remove himself from the wage-bill.

Such sentiments as you express might help us all to deal with the inevitability of his departure.

With only ten Villa appearances under his belt and uncertainty as to his fitness, we might get half a season out of him.

*But if Villa are to engineer another relegation, they definitely need to get rid of such promising talent.;) 

Edited by MakemineVanilla

• 2 weeks later...

Jordan Amavi has issued a big 'thank you' to the claret and blue army for their enormous support.

Amavi started the campaign - his first at Villa - in fine form, marauding forward from left-back with energy and enthusiasm.

But his season was frustratingly cut short in November 2015 when he injured the cruciate ligament in his knee while on international duty with France in their European U21 Championship qualifier against Northern Ireland.

Amavi is now in rehab back in his home country.

He admits it's been tough to take and immensely annoying to be out of action.

But he says the enormous support from the fans has been a source of strength and inspiration for him.

"It was really tough to take when I found out I was out for the rest of the season.

"Obviously the footage didn't look good - and it seemed like everyone connected with Villa watched it. It was all over social media.

"From that moment, the messages I received were very heart-warming - asking me how I was, telling me to stay strong.

"Then when the full extent of the injury was announced, the messages continued coming in to me on my Twitter account.

"It's been amazing - and especially because I've only just arrived at the football club.

"If I'd been a hero here for many years, I'd understand it more - but to be a new player and receive this level of support and recognition is truly touching.

"I can't actually express my emotions on that one.

"I have tried to say thank you to them with retweets and replies but that doesn't really express totally my appreciation of their backing.

"I'd like to take this opportunity now to say a proper thank you to everyone who has wished me well."

Amavi

Amavi won't be available for the rest of 2015/16.

But his rehabilitation is going very well.

"It's tough mentally, as you'd expect but it's one step at a time.

"I am in every morning and leave in the evening - I am in every day, five days a week.

"It's about small steps and setting goals for yourself along the way, rather than thinking too much about the future.

"That's what I am doing and I feel good, I feel stronger every day.

"The medics are very happy with the progress I am making so hopefully it continues this way until I'm back in action.

"It's also good that I'm still only young in football years. Yes, it's a bad injury and one I wish I hadn't picked up but these things happen in the game - and hopefully I still have a long career ahead of me."

Amavi

Amavi may not be able to play in claret and blue but he's been keeping a keen eye on the progress of the team.

"I have been impressed by Rémi Garde.

"The team has definitely improved and we look a lot stronger - although the defeat against Liverpool was obviously a setback after a good run of results.

"I know the lads, I have got to know them during my time at the club and I know they won't accept this situation.

"They know - as I do - that it's a very tough challenge for the club to stay in the Premier League but they won't give up this fight to stay in the division.

"The Liverpool loss will have hurt them and I believe they will come back strong at Stoke and in the remaining games.

"I will certainly be watching on - and cheering them on!"

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~5368630,00.html

Let's hope that his feelings are strong enough to give us a season in the championship if/when we go down. 

• Like 2

On 2/24/2016 at 11:00, AndyM3000 said:

If Garde stays I think Amavi and co will all stay.That is who we need to build the team around next year IMO.

Amavi staying would be great, but 'co' staying isn't really something I could give a shit about, 'co' have not delivered this season. 

Â