Players that you think are rubbish

Zatman

On 17/01/2023 at 21:43, rodders0223 said:

Ruben Neves. Man just pings loopy diags that look good but spent half an hour in the air.

Toothless.

I'd link him to traore being shite

If traore wasn't shite and had any kind of a footballing brain that diagonal would be on everytime neves or moutinho got near the ball

As for traore (again) he's terrible, he's confused people by being exciting, especially villa fans because he was exciting at a time when we're were not a good football team but being exciting does not automatically mean he's any good at kicking a football because he's simply not, he's a robbed a living at this level

47 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

As for traore (again) he's terrible, he's confused people by being exciting, especially villa fans because he was exciting at a time when we're were not a good football team but being exciting does not automatically mean he's any good at kicking a football because he's simply not, he's a robbed a living at this level

Lad has turned a ripped torso, some baby oil and a frightening burst of pace into a persistent top-flight career including a spell at Barcelona when in truth the only manager who's managed to make him look effective was Tony Pulis in the Championship. 

Baffling that it's somehow still going. 

• Like 1

I don't know, Traore was pretty effective under Nuno's style for a decent period.

Has certainly regressed in last 18 months though and now back to a player with hardly any end product. Wolves have really messed up not moving on players when at good value so they'll probably sell Traore for about 10m now when they could've got 30m not so long ago.

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/01/2023 at 16:35, villa4europe said:

Always thought along these lines about Traore.I can remember I long journey back from Sunderland after he had run the length of the pitch to set up Carlos Gil….the whole mini bus was convinced we had the next big thing in our squad and I just couldn’t see it!

I genuinely think I played with Sunday league players who had a better understanding of the game than him.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Joe Gomez, thankfully we never signed him in the end. Would have been worse than Richards

Surprised Southgate hasnt tried a Maguire/Gomez duo

Could pair him up with a Leeds defender and have the Gomez Adams duo. Be good for Sheff "Wednesday". ;)

Edited by GlobalVillan
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

Could pair him up with a Leeds defender and have the Gomez Adams duo. Be good for Sheff "Wednesday". ;)

Bring Gianluca Festa out of retirement! 

• Haha 2

Â