Players that you think are rubbish

Zatman

Small sample size but Lautaro Martinez looked gash. His head must be shaped like a 50 pence piece. 

Worse first touch than Jonathan King as well. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Xela said:

Small sample size but Lautaro Martinez looked gash. His head must be shaped like a 50 pence piece. 

He is like an upgraded version of Watkins. Great work rate, full of running and movement but a dreadful finisher

2 hours ago, Xela said:

I think he actually had an exquisite little touch off a long ball in the build up to Argentina's third goal, but yes that header was awful, and he looked off the pace.

• 2 weeks later...

Shouldn't be a shock, he was brilliant for Real Sociedad in 19/20 in a similar role feeding hungry young attackers.

He's everything Ozil really should've been for Arsenal.

Really wanted to see Norway at a major tournament again soon as Haaland + Odegaard is Wales 2016 vibes. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

He's everything Ozil really should've been for Arsenal.

To be fair to him ozil was never that bad, his languid style paired with Arsenal's decline effectively hounded him out

The medias coverage of arsenal and ozil and the general negativity surrounding the club and the impact it had with their big name players not performing in that time is a fascinating snapshot on the mental aspect of football, so many of Arsenal's problems are in their heads and arteta has seemingly rid them of them, their ability to kick a football has always been there 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

To be fair to him ozil was never that bad, his languid style paired with Arsenal's decline effectively hounded him out

The medias coverage of arsenal and ozil and the general negativity surrounding the club and the impact it had with their big name players not performing in that time is a fascinating snapshot on the mental aspect of football, so many of Arsenal's problems are in their heads and arteta has seemingly rid them of them, their ability to kick a football has always been there 

In his last two seasons Ozil was picking his games. Pretty sure he barely played in any north away game for quite a spell due to various injuries/illnesses.

Odegaard is out there all the time and loving it.

Renato Sanchez - Meant to be the next big midfield prospect but what has he accomplished really? had a spell in Britain on loan and did nothing, been around a few elite clubs in europe and not made 200 appearances despite being 25 years old now......

9 hours ago, Villatillidie95 said:

Renato Sanchez - Meant to be the next big midfield prospect but what has he accomplished really? had a spell in Britain on loan and did nothing, been around a few elite clubs in europe and not made 200 appearances despite being 25 years old now......

Won the league at Lille but he scored one goal that season according to Wiki. Too much hype and injuries. 

12 hours ago, VillaChris said:

How many times did Bryan Gil actually touch the ball today?

Carles Gil made more impact in prem than him so I'd expect him back in La Liga permanently by end of the month.

I'd give him time. That was his first ever PL start.

Jadon Sancho. I’ve literally never seen him do anything good. Granted I’ve only really seen him since his move to Man Utd but I don’t get the hype at all. I’m not really sure he’s any better than Jacob Ramsey. 

4 hours ago, Spoony said:

Jadon Sancho. I’ve literally never seen him do anything good. Granted I’ve only really seen him since his move to Man Utd but I don’t get the hype at all. I’m not really sure he’s any better than Jacob Ramsey. 

He was fantastic at Dortmund. Should have stayed there.

• Like 1

Â