Players that you think are rubbish

Zatman

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

It's not that I want someone to break his legs, but if it did happen, it wouldn't ruin my day.

He did rupture an anterior cruciate before. Was that good enough 😉

9 hours ago, Zatman said:

Pogba an average player and he has absolute no character about him at all. When the chips are down he is the last player you want on your side

Needs his hand held in games

Genuinely the most overrated player in the history of football.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Zatman said:

Pogba an average player and he has absolute no character about him at all. When the chips are down he is the last player you want on your side

A spoilt little teenager mentality that's been a victim of too much too young - and he is nothing special.

16 hours ago, Zatman said:

He’s at the wrong club under the wrong manager, because though I think you’re right about needing his hand held, he was brilliant at Juventus in part because he had a freer, less disciplined role. He reminds me just a bit of someone like Glam Hoddle - massively talented, but needing the rest of the team to do the things he’s not cut out for. Seems like a decent egg, too. Maybe a bit too clever for Mourinho to kind of “break” to play his way. He’s just at the wrong club. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, blandy said:

He’s at the wrong club under the wrong manager, because though I think you’re right about needing his hand held, he was brilliant at Juventus in part because he had a freer, less disciplined role. He reminds me just a bit of someone like Glam Hoddle - massively talented, but needing the rest of the team to do the things he’s not cut out for. Seems like a decent egg, too. Maybe a bit too clever for Mourinho to kind of “break” to play his way. He’s just at the wrong club. 

Do you feel he is overrated slightly Blandy,  or genuinely a decent player at the wrong club, or is it right club - wrong manager?

Just now, AvfcRigo82 said:

Do you feel he is overrated slightly Blandy,  or genuinely a decent player at the wrong club, or is it right club - wrong manager?

I think if people rate him on his form and performances at Man U then he’s overrated, but what I’m saying is that’s at least as much down to wrong place wrong time as his ability. He’s a magnificently gifted footballer in the wrong place, so people seem to think he’s average, but he’s not. IMO. 

• Like 3

Manchester United defender Chris Smalling has signed a new contract that will keep him at Old Trafford until June 2022, with the option to extend for a further year.

The 29-year-old England centre-back joined from Fulham in 2010 and has made 307 appearances for the club.

"This is my ninth season and I am delighted to be continuing my progression with this team," he said.

"We're all now concentrating on the busy period."

United boss Jose Mourinho said: "I am very happy Chris has signed a new contract.

"Chris has been with the club for a number of years and is now one of the senior players within our squad."

Smalling's previous deal with the Premier League club had been due to expire in June 2019.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/46581171

Unbelieveable.

On 14/12/2018 at 05:01, blandy said:

Really? I think he seems like a petulant child. Cares more about his image through social media than his playing ability.

On 14/12/2018 at 08:36, Stevo985 said:

Said it before, but he'll be the kind of player that has a new club every other year.

People will still be talking about his potential when he's 31 while he's on loan to Braga from his parent club Olympiakos

He's played o.k for Wolves this season. Not amazing but he has assists and still very young of course.

43 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

He's played o.k for Wolves this season. Not amazing but he has assists and still very young of course.

He’s made 3 starts and 11 sub appearances. One goal and no assists. 

And he’s 22. Still young, but this isn’t an 18 year old we’re talking about. 

Â