Players that you think are rubbish

Zatman

Ousamane Dembele at Barcelona, how Dortmund got €100 million for him I will never know. Crap touch and if he didn't have pace I have no idea what level he would be at.

suarez squared a ball to him on Saturday, his touch with his right went chest height.

OK not 'rubbish', but Hugo Lloris really has jumped the shark, most likely down to his drink driving, but his world cup final error also can't be overlooked. Entirely possible that he will recover his form, or, he could be on the path to becoming a total has-been, kind of like Joe Hart (although Lloris was of course much better than Hart in his pomp). 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

OK not 'rubbish', but Hugo Lloris really has jumped the shark, most likely down to his drink driving, but his world cup final error also can't be overlooked. Entirely possible that he will recover his form, or, he could be on the path to becoming a total has-been, kind of like Joe Hart (although Lloris was of course much better than Hart in his pomp). 

He had a poor season last season as well, he is pushing 32 so probably coming to the end of his career now

i would lazily guess there are a few few spurs fans saying the same thing

Spurs problem is city, liverpool and chelsea all set new benchmarks for keeper prices, you could even say arsenal and barca set a £20m+ benchmark for buying a reserve keeper for the future, not sure where they go, think they will find it hard to replace him, it wont be donnaruma or oblak

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Pogba. I mean he is decent but relative to his price tag and reputation he is rubbish. Every time I see him player he just doesn’t impress me.

A billion times over.  Pogba and Lukaku costing over £160m is staggering.

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

Pogba. I mean he is decent but relative to his price tag and reputation he is rubbish. Every time I see him player he just doesn’t impress me.

Every now and again he looks totally brilliant, but for the most part you watch him thinking come on then, show me why you're worth the money. I'm waiting. Still waiting. Oh you've been subbed.

1 hour ago, MrDuck said:

Every now and again he looks totally brilliant, but for the most part you watch him thinking come on then, show me why you're worth the money. I'm waiting. Still waiting. Oh you've been subbed.

I can’t ever remember watching him and thinking he was brilliant.

pogba's price tag is based on his off field marketing rather than his on field ability and utd stick his face everywhere, not a clue how it works but he's been named the most marketable athlete in the world this year - 

http://www.sportspromedia.com/most-marketable

i do think sometimes he suffers from the stat driven "watch" a game on paper way players are now judged, he's never going to impress in either goals or assists but he also almost definitely goes missing and hides behind jose and various not playing him right excuses, at times for me he just looks like he's not enjoying playing football for man utd

He can do some good stuff on the pitch but is not a 90 minute player. 

He needs protection around him because he gets bored and goes for walks, he looked good at Juventus as he had world class players covering him and he had less responsibility. Same with France

• Like 2

I know everyone has a downer on Nyland and plenty reckon he'll cost us the derby but whenever I see the SHA highlights Lee Camp always seems to be chucking a goal in, he let in two soft ones at Derby at the weekend.

Wasn't he a rated keeper once, pretty sure has has England under 21 caps?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I know everyone has a downer on Nyland and plenty reckon he'll cost us the derby but whenever I see the SHA highlights Lee Camp always seems to be chucking a goal in, he let in two soft ones at Derby at the weekend.

He used to be a really good cheap option on Football Manager back in 2004/2005, he had a potential rating of like 160-170 and you could get him for under a million. That said, he's clearly shite

36 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

He has Northern Ireland caps but seems another Bunn and in semi retirement

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

He can do some good stuff on the pitch but is not a 90 minute player. 

He needs protection around him because he gets bored and goes for walks, he looked good at Juventus as he had world class players covering him and he had less responsibility. Same with France

not sure where i posted it but in the game vs juventus the other week matic gave one of the most disgustingly lazy performances i've ever seen (which says a lot considering the shite villa have served up over the last 5 years) any midfielder wouldnt stand a chance with that alongside him

12 hours ago, villa4europe said:

pogba's price tag is based on his off field marketing rather than his on field ability and utd stick his face everywhere, not a clue how it works but he's been named the most marketable athlete in the world this year - 

http://www.sportspromedia.com/most-marketable

i do think sometimes he suffers from the stat driven "watch" a game on paper way players are now judged, he's never going to impress in either goals or assists but he also almost definitely goes missing and hides behind jose and various not playing him right excuses, at times for me he just looks like he's not enjoying playing football for man utd

I agree re stats.

I went to Old Trafford for the Newcastle game and I was really interested to watch him in person. Frankly he wasn’t even the 2nd best midfielder on the pitch, Mata and Shelvey were far more influential.

Yet MoTD would have you believe Pogba turned the game around, no chance it was almost entirely down to Mata.

Â