3 hours ago, withes_shin said:

Thought I'd bump this thread for the following reasons:

1. After the international break its dragging waiting for Saturday

2. I know people get excited/fed up when it appears on Page 1 again

3. He'll be gone soon

4. Because I can!!

You have no idea how much I hate you right now. 🙂

• Like 1

After I read OBE:s post on page 228 I don't hold any grudges against him. I try to follow the principle of supporting all players who try their best and have a good attitude. The injuries isn't his fault. And him being a bad defender and overrated footballer isn't his fault either. We can't expect players to cancel their contracts by themselves. There should be insurances in these kind of situations, but I guess there isn't and in the end it's just the way it is. Buying players and giving them high wages is a gamble. Micah was a massive gamble and the ones who made the deal are to blame. 

8 hours ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

After I read OBE:s post on page 228 I don't hold any grudges against him. I try to follow the principle of supporting all players who try their best and have a good attitude. The injuries isn't his fault. And him being a bad defender and overrated footballer isn't his fault either. We can't expect players to cancel their contracts by themselves. There should be insurances in these kind of situations, but I guess there isn't and in the end it's just the way it is. Buying players and giving them high wages is a gamble. Micah was a massive gamble and the ones who made the deal are to blame. 

I'm not stating it as fact, but I'm pretty sure the reason he is still under contract is because of insurance issues. The insurance won't pay out until his contract has expired. Otherwise I'm sure they would've already come to an agreement.

I still have mixed feelings about him as he was a part of that toxic team that went down in such a manner.

All reports say he is a good guy around the club and a positive influence on the youth players.

I understand that his career has been over for a while due to a persistent knee injury. Unfortunately we can't cancel his contract on insurance because he didn't fully pass his medical when he signed (presumably carrying a less severe form of the knee issue). He won't retire because he will miss out on the rest of his wages. Might be bollo**s but does make sense. 

3 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

If he doesn't get a new deal it is an utter disgrace and only goes to show the total mismanagement at this club the past few years.

All on Smith too 😉

It's just my opinion but I have never rated him - he got catapulted into the England team mainly on the back of a 6 month decent spell and then went on to believe his own press.

i'm sorry to hear that his career is over as I would be for any villa player -  but always had a rick in him for me.

• 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Give him a runout just for the absolute bantz.

Do a Terry and take him off on the minute of his squad number maybe even retire the jersey

Just looking he doesnt have a squad number 😂

7 hours ago, Zatman said:

Do a Terry and take him off on the minute of his squad number maybe even retire the jersey

Just looking he doesnt have a squad number 😂

Maybe just retire the word Micah then?

Only Grealish, Hutton, and Richards remain at the club since our 2016 relegation. Gotta admire them for sticking with the club unlike the other mercenaries. 

Edited by Czechlad
Forgot cafu
  • Confused 1

Â