Micah Richards

Demitri_C

i dont excuse his actions in the tunnel but like I have said before at least he actually gives a damn and shows some passion, if the others took a leaf from his book we might not have been in this position

I agree. Shit happens. If you're going to get a ban make it count, good to see a little fight from somebody. His teammates will have seen that too, it will rub off on them and that can only be a good thing as things stand.

Can't believe there have been no posts in this thread following the game yesterday. I thought he was absolutely brilliant and showed he is more than capable at CB.

I like him as a player Trent, I think all the criticism leveled at him is incredibly unfair. His positional sense is decent, he reads the game well and is so powerful even if he is out of position he can make up for it.

He just needs a decent partner. Clark is limited. I'd like to see Okore play alongside him, perhaps they are too similar though. Both are fast and strong.

I expected Illori to have been involved by now as well.

• Like 1

Early in the game Richards and Sterling had a foot race and a 50/50 challenge which Richards won, Sterling knew better than to go 50/ 50 with him and it showed by the wry smile on his face, hes got to be one if not the best athlete in the premier league .

Edited by tinker
Thick

Can't believe there have been no posts in this thread following the game yesterday. I thought he was absolutely brilliant and showed he is more than capable at CB.

I like him as a player Trent, I think all the criticism leveled at him is incredibly unfair. His positional sense is decent, he reads the game well and is so powerful even if he is out of position he can make up for it.

He just needs a decent partner. Clark is limited. I'd like to see Okore play alongside him, perhaps they are too similar though. Both are fast and strong.

Initial confusion as to why you wanted the Spurs goalkeeper to be involved in our defence has since subsided. Carry on

Please no, I know I've mentioned this before but for a defender to play on the side of their weaker foot, it's extremely difficult without working on it. Clearing the ball is key for any CB and for them not being comfortable to clear the ball it causes all sorts of problems at the back. Stick with Clark and Richards and let them build an understanding.

• Like 1

I'm a right footed, left sided Centreback. Does that make me amazing?

No it's your ITK info that does that but then you already know that as you are in the know. ;)

My sources tell me you're correct #StevoITK

• Like 3

I'm a right footed, left sided Centreback. Does that make me amazing?

Thought you were a goalkeeper, you'd have been ideal for Sherwood to sign in the summer, proven quality.

I'm both, depending on who I'm playing for

(I deliberately didn't tell my work team that I play in goal so I could play outfield. 3 years now and they still haven't found out :) )

On a serious note, can you use your weaker foot? I've seen Clark, Okore, Richards, they are so one footed it's untrue. Crespo is only CB I've seen who I'd think he'd be able to play on his weaker side.

Nope, not really. I just personally prefer to have my stronger foot in the centre of the pitch. Balls down the middle are more dangerous and clearances made down the middle need to be good. 
On my outside I can afford to slice a clearance because it'll probably go out of play or onto the wing.

I don't really see the need to be able to "play" on either side. With the ball at your feet you can use either foot regardless of what side you're playing at. It's only balls played through that you need to deal with on that "side" and like I said I'd rather have my stronger foot to deal with balls down the middle.

But we're talking about playing for my work team. Which to be fair is a reasonable standard (there are two work teams, Marcus Hall plays for the one I don't play for, and we beat them 5-2 in our last meeting) but it's a million billion miles away from any sort of decent level, so these things probably matter more when you get that high up.

Â