Micah Richards

Demitri_C

I think he is a better RB ,he tends to do overdue it at the back by dribbling his way out of trouble and getting himself into bother instead of taking the safety first option ,his decision making is also questionable as we see Sinday running out and not getting there which has happened a few times this season .At the moment he is still our best centre half though and we really have to play him there even though I still think he's a better RB

Prior to signing for us, he played 27 times in 5 years at CB. 

Where have you got that stat from?

Whoscored.com - you can sort by position played in the detailed player history part. If you don't believe me you can go and check yourself. 

Hes got all the attributes to become another legendary Villa player, we do seem to have a few CB in our legends list, i can see him being in the top 2.......

Think  the calls for him to play RB has more to do with us having a few options at CB, the RB position is an area we struggle with.

Richards could turn out to be a lot better than Laursen. He's 27 and could be here for 6/7 years. Laursen played with better players all round so it's hard to compare them just yet if he starts scoring he'll soon become the icon Laursen is. 

Do you think a reason while he switched to RB is his height? He must be around 6ft which is apparently a bit short for a CB, so they tell me. Okore is a similar height/slightly shorter

A quirk of the modern game is that the big man striker is a dying breed. At least to the degree that a being a 6ft centre half, with a lower centre of gravity and a bit more pace and raw strength, is an asset rather than a weaknesses.

He's built like a centre half, no doubt. He still has some learning to do for sure but I've confidence in him to do that, especially as he's comfortably the best centre half we own.

It would be foolishness of the highest order to switch him to right back, which is why it won't happen.

To everyone calling for him to play at RB because that's where he's played: if we somehow signed Branislav Ivanovic (before this season because he's had a bit of a shocker so far), we would play him CB, regardless that he's been playing RB at Chelsea for ages.

I love Richards, he's quick, powerful, I don't think his lack of a couple of inches of height matters because his leap probably makes the difference up. He's going to only get better imo.

I truly cannot wait for the day one of his marauding runs, when things just open up for him, result in a goal, hopefully scored by Micah. We're all going to go crazy.

• 2 weeks later...
Â