GENTLEMAN

Ok guys, I have not played PES for years so am looking for a little game control advice.  I have never stopped using the PES style button set up with square for shoot etc (PS4), but what subtleies should I be looking out for?  I'm thinking about thing like how to jostle for position for headers, how to defend properly, can I call over a second defender like in FIFA?  Last time I played PES I was putting an aftertouch on shots to define the curl on the ball is that still a thing?

Ok guys, I have not played PES for years so am looking for a little game control advice.  I have never stopped using the PES style button set up with square for shoot etc (PS4), but what subtleies should I be looking out for?  I'm thinking about thing like how to jostle for position for headers, how to defend properly, can I call over a second defender like in FIFA?  Last time I played PES I was putting an aftertouch on shots to define the curl on the ball is that still a thing?

Calling a defender is square I think. Same as FIFA was before they moved it to the shoulder buttons.

Aftertouch isn't still there I think. But you can finesse your shots using R2 (I think!)

No idea on jostling

I bought pro Evo this year for the first time in a long time mostly over the hype and ridiculously high reviews it was getting. As someone who basically just played career mode in FIFA I was looking forward to getting my teeth into the master league.

After about a week of playing it I'm thinking of changing back to FIFA already. I spent at least 2 hours the first day simple editing the premier league to get the players, jerseys, emblems all correct. When it came to editing the managers even though I had the files I just couldn't be arsed. I still have the whole championship to do and that will take ages. The editing function feels very unwieldy and time consuming.

the game play so far has touched of the worst of FIFA. Pace combined with spamming lofted through balls is an absolute killer. Time and time again it's got me one on one with the keeper who seem generally week. 

The transfer mechanics seem poor you can't offer a bid on a player you approach a club and they say yes or no then you can start negotiating. So even if you want to do a man city and throw a fortune at a player you really want you simply can't.

Traore is no where to be found or maybe I missed him. The Barcelona b team seems not to exist. Aubamenyang I found out last night doesn't exist not with Gabon his national team and of course Dortmund aren't in it. 

I could of course edit those and the teams in but it's a lot of work for what's meant to be a fun game

I think Konami are going back to what they always used to win at, gameplay.

If you're looking for a polished game with kits and badges etc then you're not going to get it with Konami without putting some work in to edit it.

The roster thing is really poor though. Can't believe it takes them so long to update that.

the roster thing is piss poor, im pretty sure that while i was editing it last night west midlands village home kit is black with grey stripes so they've also gone ridiculously lazy with that too, spent about 4 hours editing last night, didnt even touch the transfers in the belief that the roster update was coming tomorrow, will probably be monday or tuesday before i kick a ball on it :(

at least they'll throw in some new boots when the update finally comes on it though...

where is everyone getting their edit stuff from? im using a mixture of pes universe and pes world but there still seems plenty of gaps (couldnt find a dortmund badge for example, got the kits)

Yeah that was pes world I think

I downloaded the competition pack from there, they add the Bundesliga, Portuguese, Mexican and j league logos but then I can't find anywhere that'll do the kits and badges for those leagues, I've done the prem and championship, the bundesliga file was missing stuff, tempted to change the j league to the MLS

The bloke on the video is right too, without the file names some of the kits take some doing

Without the roster update I don't think traore is on the game

Did about 90% of the transfers had enough and started, gameplay is brilliant, in my head it's a game that rewards trying to play actual football, running at people doesn't tend to work, simple passes and keeping hold of the ball does, it feels in my head like it rewards knowing how football should be played, keepers are a bit shit, fair few gone though them straight down the middle but not enough to make me rage quit, think the most I've had scored past me in a 10 min per half game is 3

My only complaint would be the same as last year, it's too easy to sign players that are realistically above you, I'm playing as forest, signed vlaar on a free, you can sign Madrid, Utd, barca players, there's no reputation rating for each club you can sign players that are way behind you and then crack on

I don't play offline but read on pesfan they the keepers are ok offline but online they are complete shit. So anybody reviewing the game would of played offline and not noticed the issue.

I was looking at the leader boards on myclub and people's average goals scored per match is mostly around 6 for online 1v1s, it's a joke.

If you merged the gameplay of this with the off the field mechanics of FIFA you'd have the greatest football game ever

The off the field stuff is weird, it didn't used to be the case but anyone who plays for a team not on the game is on a free, I'm playing as forest, signed Kevin Nolan, just sold him for £5m and bought odegaard for £6m... Haven't had a single player get injured, they hardly get tired, no moaning from squad players, master league just seems a bit flat, it's more about hustling and fund management than managing the team

Gameplay is the best football game I've played in years

Â