GENTLEMAN

Single player is way better on PES.

And local multiplayer seems awesome on PES. I had mates round for a little while last week and we played a few games and it was great fun.

Online just seems very off though.

Single player is way better on PES.

And local multiplayer seems awesome on PES. I had mates round for a little while last week and we played a few games and it was great fun.

Online just seems very off though.

Stevo whats your psn we'll have a few games when we're both online

Hooray!

I dont even know how to invite someone for a game tbh, will be on inabit if your on

Got your message but was busy destroying my life by playing Trials with Gareth and Jono.

I'll be on most of tomorrow so we can have a game then.

Just started a master league, good fun, but I'm literally winning ever game 6-2. Do keepers actually make saves on this game? Whenever the opposition goes through (I'm playing on the highest difficulty) they score every single time. 

Anyway, has anyone got any good recommendations for signings? Especially quality young players?

A couple that I'd recommend for ML are Nico Lopez and Mollo, both are free at the start, Mollo has an ability of 81, whilst Lopez has got to 77 halfway through the season. Frustratingly, a lot of the talented players I've scouted seem to be un-sign-able, with clubs not willing to negotiate at all. 

I'm not a big fan of the new transfer system, unless I've missed something, it appears that you can't choose what bid to make for a player, you have to make an approach, you get a quote, then you can 'adjust' terms by requesting a drop in the fee, it's kind of stupid, but again, I could be missing something. 

I also don't get why players like Drobga have such high rating, the silly stuff of the last game (i.e. old over the hill players still being very good and commanding massive transfer fees) are still here now. I don't really understand why Konami can't apply basic logic to PES, I just saw Gareth Barry getting sold for £12.5m FFS!

The keepers, especially when you're playing at first in Master league so you've got a token keeper, do seem terrible. Every shot the AI has goes in.

I've got some Brazilian bloke in on a free called Fabiano, his rating is 80, but he's **** useless, every shot from inside the box goes in, he only makes a save when it's a long ranger. 

Master League is fun. I hadn't signed that keeper but he was on my favourites list so I must have looked at him in some capacity :)

The keepers are hilarious though. I'm going to keep an eye out for if my keeper ever makes a save from a shot inside the box. I can't remember it happening.
It's fun enough though. So much better than playing FIFA vs the AI. This actually feels like a game of football.

I love the contrasting styles at time. I played QPR and they beat me 4-3. They played really nice football. Kept it on the ground, passed it round the midfield and cut me open with through balls. I had to drop my defensive line back to stop them getting in behind.

Next game was Ipswich. Complete opposite. They kept it at the back and once they got the ball to midfield hit long balls forward to their big striker every time. I had to put on a big centre back and push my forward line up to close the space in midfield so they had less chance to hit those balls.

Edited by Stevo985

Nico Lopez now has a rating of 81 by February in his first season not bad. But this game, so far, is wayyyyy too easy. I just think it's a case of my team being way to good for the second division (Spanish). I'm Villareal, my defence is total garbage but playing a 4-3-3 my midfield and attack is (ratings):

Lopez (81) 

Joel Campbell (77- loan)                       Mollo (81)

Grealish* (74)             That Spanish bloke you start with (77)

Paulinho (76 when played at DM) 

Anyway, I've won every single game apart from one (draw), and 3 times this season I've scored 10 goals against the opposition. On average I'm winning something like 5-1, and that Lopez bloke has scored 50 goals by Feb. By the way, I'm playing this on the top level for difficulty... hopefully La Liga will be a lot more difficult otherwise I can't see myself playing this much longer than a month.

*Grealish starts the game at 66 so I boosted his rating to 72 and signed him for like £2.5m.

Master League is fun. I hadn't signed that keeper but he was on my favourites list so I must have looked at him in some capacity :)

The keepers are hilarious though. I'm going to keep an eye out for if my keeper ever makes a save from a shot inside the box. I can't remember it happening.
It's fun enough though. So much better than playing FIFA vs the AI. This actually feels like a game of football.

I don't really know what they've done with the keepers, they weren't this bad in the last game, seemingly doesn't matter how good your keeper is the opposition buries 9 out of 10 chances and if one on one it's definitely 10 out of 10 from my experience.

It's a pretty big flaw in the game but I'm glad they at least fixed the refereeing. It's far more lenient and you don't get yellow cards for no reason. In PES 2015 I was pretty much getting a red card a game, but this is much better and more realistic now. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

I've hardly made any signings and I'm still doing pretty well in the Championship. I upped the difficulty so that my first couple of games were really hard (lost 3-0 to SHA!) but once I've gotten used to it it's probably a tad too easy.

The highest rated guy I have is only a 72 and plays up front.

Does everyone start with the same money? Because I had absolutely **** all starting with Villa, hence the no signings (plus I wasn't really sure how the money worked with paying everyone at once so didn't want to spend loads)

Edited by Stevo985

I think I started with like £3-4m, which get's you very little since at the start of the game there's hardly any value (the pricing mechanism on this game is shite). But what I did is sign some quality on the free and flogged pretty much half of my first team, including some of the better players. I signed one player for cash, and then after paying wages I was £2m in debt, but with the money you get for playing home games, and another sale, I was up to about £6m. 

Basically you should flog most of the originals to generate cash. Keep Castledine as he gets really good and he develops really quickly. Arcas also gets good but I've been getting bids of around £9m for him half way through the first season so will be flogging him to get loads of money. 

Oh, using the loan market is also a good idea, lots of quality can be bought in for a relatively small loan fee (like Campbell). Also that Jarvis guy you start with is pretty awesome for the lower tiers, his rating is only 66 but has decent pace and amazing finishing stats. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

I only really play offline these days and this game is perfect for that compared to FIFA. I've started some online games via MyClub but suffered the same issue as everyone else. Once I wired it up rather than using WiFi it was much better. I hear they may be fixing the goalkeepers in the next update. They bloody need to. Although I much prefer my games finishing 6-4 then finishing 0-0 every game.

I think I started with like £3-4m, which get's you very little since at the start of the game there's hardly any value (the pricing mechanism on this game is shite). But what I did is sign some quality on the free and flogged pretty much half of my first team, including some of the better players. I signed one player for cash, and then after paying wages I was £2m in debt, but with the money you get for playing home games, and another sale, I was up to about £6m. 

Basically you should flog most of the originals to generate cash. Keep Castledine as he gets really good and he develops really quickly. Arcas also gets good but I've been getting bids of around £9m for him half way through the first season so will be flogging him to get loads of money. 

Oh, using the loan market is also a good idea, lots of quality can be bought in for a relatively small loan fee (like Campbell). Also that Jarvis guy you start with is pretty awesome for the lower tiers, his rating is only 66 but has decent pace and amazing finishing stats. 

I definitely didn't have £3-£4million! I think I had just over a million. But to be fair, I didn't realise you could go into debt so I made sure I had enough money left to cover wages.

Yep, Castledine and Arcas are two of my best players. Plus a guy on the wing who's name escapes me (but I'm probably going to sell him) and Coutinho up front (not that Coutinho). Can't remember if I signed Coutinho or if I started with him.

My concern is when I'm scouting or searching, the only players who have above a 1 bar "chance of signing" are rated 70 max, which isn't much of an improvement, if at all, on any of my players.

Edited by Stevo985

For players hard to sign I've found that if you just keep submitting bids it will eventually get accepted, I've bid for a player like 10 times before getting finally accepted.

Nico Lopez is now at 82 outrageous player. Just signed Embolo, he's out of this world, fast, strong, can dribble and finish. 20 years old rated at 78 will probably go into the mid 80s. Banged in 5 on his debut!

Just started my second season on ML. Up until Jan in my first year I was losing literally every game - every CPU shot going in etc.

Had enough of losing, changed formation to 5-3-2, all out defence w/o ball, and managed to finish 15th in the end. If you're playing ML on a hard difficulty and struggling, I'd recommend doing this. PES is becoming almost as intricate as FM in some respects (tactics) - it's so important.

Have sold most of our dross, and managed to sign some absolutely class players, my team is now:

---Alcacer---Musa---

---------Barkley---------

---Sanchez---Gueye---

--Gaya---------Richards--

--Clark--Stones--Okore

-------ter Stegen-----

w/ Kovacic, Veretout, Amavi, + many other good players on the bench. Happy days.

• Like 1

Â