GENTLEMAN

Fair enough.

Just annoys me that you have, presumably, paid £40 to get the game. And you've already paid 25% of that price again to play the game.

(not annoyed at you by the way :D )

I know you didn't HAVE to, but it still annoys me. I don't mind those transactions in phone games and stuff that are free or extremely cheap to download, as they have to make money somewhere. But I think if you buy a game for 40 quid that should be it. You own that game you shouldn't have to put up more money to play it.

I didn't have to by any stretch - I just wanted a shot at some better players now rather than waiting. I still had a pretty decent team. Plus it was 10 dollars, not pounds so that's a little better I suppose :)

• Like 1

Moneybags ;)

Anyway, mine has finally arrived from the great land of Israel

Had a blast on it yesterday. Just a champions league campaign with Arsenal. It's really fun to play. Even just vs the AI it's great. Got hammered in one game (vs Bayern Munich) but it felt like I was actually getting beaten by a better team as opposed to being cheated like in FIFA.

My only complaint so far is how clinical in front of goal the AI is. I've played 5 or 6 games and I don't think my keeper has made a save. It's not that the keepers are doing anything bad, it's just the AI is finishing perfectly every time. 

Anyway, first impressions are good. Gonna get a master league going today. 

Haven't managed to update the kits yet. Tried yesterday but it didn't work following the video Omar posted. Might be because my flash drive is shit so gonna borrow a different one and see if I can get it to work.

Got the kits to work. The usb drive I was using was a dud.

Took me about an hour to do the premier league. But you could go into loads of detail. I did names, badges, kits, managers and stadium names. You could also do banners, rival clubs, lettering, numbering etc etc.

So you could do it in less time or more time than I did it, depending on how detailed you want to get. It's still annoying there isn't a quicker way to do it though. Not sure I can be arsed to do the championship teams, but having just started a master league, it's already annoying me that they're all wrong.

I will probably do Bundesliga and MLS before I do championship. Started MyClub and it's actually quite fun especially when getting players. So far got Sanchez on loan for a few games.  Got Motta, T Silva, Di Maria some random gk, R Lambert and got Neymar as part of the day one pack. Am I right in thinking I've got to get a better manager to make sure my team cost stays under my manager skill level.

Loving MyClub, haven't spent a single penny in micro-transactions but got a pretty good team now! You're basically rewarded for playing the game, which is how it should be.

Amauri is my star player, really strong and relatively quick up front, I'm playing him very much in a Benteke-type role with lots of hold up play and headers down to Arnautovic and Alessandrini (my wingers/wide strikers).

Just a couple of changes to my lot - got Foster in goal instead of Zieler and Krychowiak is now my CDM. 

The rewards for winning cups is awesome - I did the Indomitable Cup and the final reward is 20000GP, which is great. 

Absolutely love Ola Toivonen, he's class. Best rated is Yaya Toure though, who's now 91 rated. 

Sorry I asked this before but do I have to upskill my manager to ensure that I can get better players? Otherwise my total cost will be higher than my total manager level and therefore the team spirit will go down

Sorry I asked this before but do I have to upskill my manager to ensure that I can get better players? Otherwise my total cost will be higher than my total manager level and therefore the team spirit will go down

You will have to buy a new manager with a higher overall team cost.

Started playing Online Divisions.

Urgh. I'm **** shit. 

Also, there doesn't seem to be much matchmaking. Played my first 2 games as Villa. Got matched with Man City and then Real Madrid.

Urgh. I'm **** shit. 

Also, there doesn't seem to be much matchmaking. Played my first 2 games as Villa. Got matched with Man City and then Real Madrid.

Drop your defensive line and become more compact, play Gabby up top and get Westwood pinging balls over the top for him. :) 

Urgh. I'm **** shit. 

Exactly the same happened with me. kinda annoying but if you cant beat em, join em. Now I usually play as Man City. Its actually more enjoyable. I spend too much of my time despairing of Villa players in real life - dont need to be doing it while playing computer games too

I've started myclub. It's pretty fun, and I'm faring much better in the matches vs human opponents than I was in the normal divisions mode.

Probably helped that I had that free content from the day 1 edition so from more or less my first match I had Toure, Neymar and Kroos in attacking midfield and Llorente up front :D

So far managed to get the following for myclub team

Zabaleta, T Silva, Neymar, Motta, A Sanchez, R Lambert, Di Maria, Bahebaz, Khazri.

I think Neymar is on a 10 game contract but am I right in thinking the rest are with me on permanently?  I got Silva as part of the special agent Uefa Team of the Year I think.

Neymar is either on loan for 10 games or permanent depending on what version you bought. All other players you have are permanent and have 10 game contracts, you can choose to release a player at any time for Gp or you can make them a trainer and use them to train one of your lesser players and give them a good stat boost. I'd recommend making any of the default players a trainer as you don't get any Gp for releasing them.

Yeah that's what I've done so far. Every time I make a signing I convert the crappest player in that position into a trainer.

Bit annoying that you can't change formation without changing manager.

You can go to your second and third formations in the team set up screen and hover over your manager and press square, you can then use one of your other managers formations for either one. Press up or down on the d pad in game to switch to second and third formation. The only negative is team spirit takes a bit of a hit.

Â