limpid

Awful, awful half. Arsenal are tearing us to shreds. That XI should be ashamed of that performance, as should the man in the dugout, whose tactics appear to be nonexistent.

I just thought the Arsenal players were simply better than our players. Not a performance issue with our players, we just couldn't get the ball and attack.

• Like 1

the worst part is that arsenal are outworking and outrunning us when we have the ball. we are letting players like ozil win 50/50 battles, we are giving away the ball cheaply under any sort of pressure. too many players have not turned up.

Only Villa can take such a magical day, such a great day to be a Villa fan, a day to be proud of and make me wish it would end right now.. I really expect better from the second half, if we're going to lose then go out with a fight. I don't envy Sherwood as there are maybe 4 or 5 players that need to come off and he can't do that.. 

• Like 1

Going pretty much how I expected it to. Getting totally outplayed. Why did I get so excited about this? :(

yep exactly how i saw this going as well, only chance is on the break or from set pieces and we are not getting fwd quickly enough and stupidly high crosses straight to the keep

Grealish shouldn't be losing the ball in central midfield

sort them out Sherwood! 

I agree we have been below par

But Arsenal have been sensational got to give them some credit

They look like they're barely trying, this is a training match for them.

• Like 2

Awful, awful half. Arsenal are tearing us to shreds. That XI should be ashamed of that performance, as should the man in the dugout, whose tactics appear to be nonexistent.

I just thought the Arsenal players were simply better than our players. Not a performance issue with our players, we just couldn't get the ball and attack.

Although Arsenal are in top form, our performance is still absolutely awful, our ball retention and movement in the final third is absolutely shocking. 

Changes must be made at HT. 

I think we should be celebrating that we're only one down. 

Arsenal have been good, but I think we need a change. I think Gabby could be a hero today. Grealish is being frozen out completely. Same with Benteke. Arsenal have torn that trio apart and only allowing Delph to get on the ball, he then looks to play it to Grealish or Benteke and when he can't, he over plays it and loses it. He looks like he's having a bad game, but it just means that Sherwood needs to give him another option. I'd like to see Bacuna and Gabby on. I don't think Sinclair is a player that will turn this game around.

• Like 1