Rugby World Cup 2015

Don_Simon

Four years of promising build comes to this. Lancaster found out. Baffling selections, no discernible tactics. Devastating. Humiliating. Sickening etc etc. And the worst thing is, this will be the happiest night of some people's (not including Aussies) lives. 

Absolutely battered. Both beautiful and terrifying. Fancy the Aussies to win it now that they've sorted out their set-pieces. Just need to keep Pocock and Hooper fit.

As for England, they haven''t known their best team in years, they don't have enough quality in the back row, and when they looked good it was when they were brave and played a running game with Ford at 10. They reverted to the style of the Johnson years and paid the price.

• Like 2

Well said, sir. It just seems so obvious - we ALWAYS play our best rugby when we run it and are at our shittest when we stick up the jumpers. We seemed to have been building to something and Lancaster played it like he had a grand plan. It just strikes as a really **** massive lack of bottle by the coaching team. 

A lot of Welsh people on Facebook etc being absolute words removed about this. It's going beyond rivalry and banter. I know they've gone through at our expense but it's seems like they're taking more pleasure in our failure than their own success. Posting photos mocking upset England fans. How are they supposed to react? I know that it would've been the same regardless of whether they were in our group as well. Give it back to them when they lose and they do not like it at all. It's no wonder that every non-Welsh person I know who's ever spent any significant time here absolutely hates them when it comes to rugby. England often called arrogant by some of the most arrogant bell ends I've ever met. 

• Like 1

Wasnt the draw made like 3 years ago? that is as stupid as you can get as anything can happen in a 4 year sporting cycle

then again the TV companies and sponsors probably got good ratings for the last 2 saturdays and probably would have for next week if was anything on the line as well that they are probably happy with it

Edited by Zatman

I see at least one journo has come to the realisation that maybe Lancaster wasn't a good choice in the first place. Of course he wasn't, he had no experience at the top level and hadn't won anything significant. If you're England, you can't piss away four years on an experiment. You already have the players, the coaches and the resources, more than any other nation on Earth. Besides that, coaching is done at club level. At international level, what you need is someone who can make decisions and knows what it takes to win. It really isn't a great mystery. Ireland were under-performing, so they hired a man who had success at club level and lo and behold they've won trophies at international level. Australia were a bit shit too, so they also hired a chap who had success at club level and lo and behold they won the Rugby Championship, and look a mighty impressive team. Even Japan, who were not up to much, hired a chap who had success at both club and international level and look at them now. How England have repeatedly failed to hire the right person is quite incredible. With that in mind, while Lancaster failed spectacularly, questions need to be asked about who is making the big decisions behind the scenes.

I see at least one journo has come to the realisation that maybe Lancaster wasn't a good choice in the first place.

It would seem sensible to me that, in the light of last night's defeat and the exit from the World Cup, the coach's position ought to be called in to question.

I do wonder, though, at how people have arrived at this 'realization' and what they were saying a couple of weeks ago or over the last four years. I've read one or two pieces myself today where the writer is at the very least suggesting that last night was an inevitability and that everyone knew it would happen (that Pocock and Hooper would steal/smother all the ball at the breakdown and the Aussie backline would rip England to shreds and that England have no good players and so on) - that doesn't tally with what I was reading leading up to the game. There were very few people predicting an Aussie win (especially not on that scale) and not all of the articles I read were ghost written for Danny Cipriani.

I don't know what England will do now - I read Lancaster got given one of those Pardew-like contract extensions so it won't be cheap to get rid of him unless he walks.

A lot of Welsh people on Facebook etc being absolute words removed about this. It's going beyond rivalry and banter. I know they've gone through at our expense but it's seems like they're taking more pleasure in our failure than their own success. Posting photos mocking upset England fans. How are they supposed to react? I know that it would've been the same regardless of whether they were in our group as well. Give it back to them when they lose and they do not like it at all. It's no wonder that every non-Welsh person I know who's ever spent any significant time here absolutely hates them when it comes to rugby. England often called arrogant by some of the most arrogant bell ends I've ever met. 

I was at a wedding yesterday. The bride's family were welsh.

A few of them were cheekily watching a bit of the rugby on one of their phones and they were cheering Australia like they were their own team. Pretty pathetic to be honest.

Oh well, I don't have to split allegiances now. I can cheer on the boys in green later with no guilt :D

I was at a wedding yesterday. The bride's family were welsh.

A few of them were cheekily watching a bit of the rugby on one of their phones and they were cheering Australia like they were their own team. Pretty pathetic to be honest.

Oh well, I don't have to split allegiances now. I can cheer on the boys in green later with no guilt :D

in fairness Wales went through because Australia won so I can see why Welsh people were excited and happy

That is very true. However, it goes beyond that. They are celebrating our failure more than their own success. It would be the same if they weren't even in our group. I've seen countless memes knocking about already, one of which contains the line "Arrogant English words removed get what they deserve" (that's a term that I've heard a hell of a lot). I haven't seen one post that even mentions that Wales are through to the next round. I said before that I went to uni in Cardiff and live in Wales now so I've seen a hell of a lot of it. I think the worst thing is that if you call them on it, they tell you it's only "banter" and to lighten up but they can't take it when you give it back. It sounds extreme but the hatred borders on racism and seems to be pretty deeply ingrained in their upbringing. I will say, however, that's it far, far from all Welsh people who are like this. I've got lots of really close Welsh friends, and my girlfriend as well, and all of them are massively embarrassed by it. It's pretty pathetic to be honest and I shouldn't let it bother me but it's worn me down over the years!

Edited by JB

That is very true. However, it goes beyond that. They are celebrating our failure more than their own success.

Sounds like you're describing small heath inbreds

• Like 1

That is very true. However, it goes beyond that. They are celebrating our failure more than their own success. It would be the same if they weren't even in our group. I've seen countless memes knocking about already, one of which contains the line "Arrogant English words removed get what they deserve" (that's a term that I've heard a hell of a lot). I haven't seen one post that even mentions that Wales are through to the next round. I said before that I went to uni in Cardiff and live in Wales now so I've seen a hell of a lot of it. I think the worst thing is that if you call them on it, they tell you it's only "banter" and to lighten up but they can't take it when you give it back. It sounds extreme but the hatred borders on racism and seems to be pretty deeply ingrained in their upbringing. I will say, however, that's it far, far from all Welsh people who are like this. I've got lots of really close Welsh friends, and my girlfriend as well, and all of them are massively embarrassed by it. It's pretty pathetic to be honest and I shouldn't let it bother me but it's worn me down over the years!

You have just described West Brom fans. Apart from the 'racism' bit.

• Like 1

Ofcousre the Welsh celebrated England getting beat as it put them through, also the countries are right beside each other and have a serious rivalry just like a derby situation in football and Wales would be viewed as the minnows and have every right to rub it in, it's great Craic.

• Like 1

Â