Rugby World Cup 2015

Don_Simon

Yep. As much as I rate Slade, picking him seems completely pointless if Lancaster doesn't have the balls to pick him for the big games. Not a fan of Goode. Has the odd decent game but doesn't offer enough consistently.

I was glad when Slade wasn't picked for Saturday - would have been the natural fit for JJ who looks the best 13 since Greenwood for your lot.

Anyway - 3 Wales changes for Fiji game, Matthew Morgan comes in at full back (love this guy when he's in possession), Tyler Morgan at 13 and Cuthbert at 14.

So...

Wales: M Morgan; A Cuthbert, T Morgan, J Roberts, G North; D Biggar, G Davies; G Jenkins, S Baldwin, T Francis; B Davies, AW Jones; D Lydiate, S Warburton, T Faletau.

Reps: K Owens, A Jarvis, S Lee, L Charteris, J Tipuric, Ll Williams, R Priestland, J Hook.

Hoping the Fijians have a field day against Cuthbert! Thinking of sporting a Fijian shirt on the streets of Cardiff over the next couple of days after the amount I saw round here in the lead up to the opening game [emoji6].

Fiji are without quite a few of their front line players for this - although Josh Matevesi not getting a start is a bit odd!

Think Wales will get the bonus point now - no Matawalu and no Nadolo should (famous last words!) mean Lydiate is chopping down that second row before his off-load game rolls up and I hope they don't get the continuity to damage us.

A test of our lineout and scrum though, which creaked (!) Saturday... although don't see their Loose Head burrowing in at 90 degrees.

Robshaw vs Pocock and Hooper - that's not fair on the man...

The scrum will be under scrutiny following Kaplans tweets all week about Marler boring-in, so there's that to deal with too.

I have Eng 23-18 Australia, purely on the basis that Australia haven't been kicking their goals with much regularity, and England can keep the scoreboard ticking, but if Wales get a 5 pointer tonight, the pressure is huge because even with a win, Wales would only need a losing bonus point to put England out.

Robshaw vs Pocock and Hooper - that's not fair on the man...

The scrum will be under scrutiny following Kaplans tweets all week about Marler boring-in, so there's that to deal with too.

I have Eng 23-18 Australia, purely on the basis that Australia haven't been kicking their goals with much regularity, and England can keep the scoreboard ticking, but if Wales get a 5 pointer tonight, the pressure is huge because even with a win, Wales would only need a losing bonus point to put England out.

It's not Robshaw I'm worried about. Always exceeds expectations on the playing front. Barritt and potential injuries to any one of Morgan, Joseph or Ben Youngs - given the replacements for them - are what could really **** us. That and the Aussie back line being amazing!

The qualification permutations make my head hurt. If things unfold the way you say, why does that mean England go out? Unless I'm missing something (or haven't thought it through carefully enough) then the Aussies finish third thanks to the missed bonus point against Fiji? Assuming they don't put 4 tries on Wales and England get the bonus point against U-R-gay of course. 

I see it that this week:

Wales 5 points v Fiji --> 14 overall

Eng 4 points v Oz --> 10 overall

Aus 1 point v Eng --> 10 overall

Next:

Wales 1 v Aus --> 15

Eng 5 v Aus --> 15

Aus 4 v Wales --> 14

Apologies - I've run through it  too many times.

That would put Wales top of the group on H2H - Eng 2nd. That's what I was meaning - I've been through about 349238942389489 scenarios but (tonight waiting) that looks *most* likely to happen.

• Like 1

I bloody love Fiji. Was there for a month a couple of years back and the people were amazing. They should've won that game. Missed points through poor kicking and there were at least a couple of dodgy pens given against them. What a game Botia had. 

canada are so so poor If they had any game in the second half they would be back in it ...france have gone to sleep 

That's a bit harsh on Canadia.

They're mostly amateurs and they've given Italy a damn good game and they've played pretty well tonight.

Â