Rugby World Cup 2015

Don_Simon

Got England in the sweepstake at work. I'll take that!

My Irish side comes out in Rugby though. As much as I'd be thrilled to see England win it, I can't describe how happy I'd be to see Ireland win it (not that I think they will, although their route in the knockouts seems easy enough if they win their group)

I think if Ireland and England meet in this I'd be a genuine neutral.

Just catching up on the opening ceremony now. Did prince Harry really get introduced as Prince Henry of Wales? not often he gets called that, I'd imagine.

I'm already feeling sorry for the French. Bumped into them this evening at their team hotel. They must be wondering what they did to deserve being put in some soulless big hotel in Slough.

Edited by choffer

Burgess awesome when he came on. Made a massive difference. He's being massively underrated by a lot of people. 

I think Launchbury, Vunipola & Wigglesworth made a difference too. 

Big problem for me is the lack of flair in the squad. Okay there's some in the 1st XV but beyond that it's a bit too safe IMO.

Mike Brown is such a quality player though, hope he stays fit for England's sake.

• Like 1

Burgess awesome when he came on. Made a massive difference. He's being massively underrated by a lot of people. 

I think Launchbury, Vunipola & Wigglesworth made a difference too. 

Big problem for me is the lack of flair in the squad. Okay there's some in the 1st XV but beyond that it's a bit too safe IMO.

Mike Brown is such a quality player though, hope he stays fit for England's sake.

I'd like to see Slade on the bench instead of one of the extra forwards.

• Like 3

A good game of rugby last night - Fiji never game up after a shaky opening 10 minutes and England made many mistakes but were fortunate not to be further punished due to poor penalty kicks attempts.

However, four tries and a bonus point were what was required from the game and England will undoubtedly improve and cut out the silly mistakes and errors.

I though Tom Youngs at hooker had an awesome first half but Brown was the outstanding player.

Next week's match against the welsh is arguably the most important game of the group. Really looking forward to it.

As for today, as its my birthday I'm looking forward to watching the four matches on show (and 3 points against the boggies!!!)

• Like 1

Just catching up on the opening ceremony now. Did prince Harry really get introduced as Prince Henry of Wales? not often he gets called that, I'd imagine.

I'm already feeling sorry for the French. Bumped into them this evening at their team hotel. They must be wondering what they did to deserve being put in some soulless big hotel in Slough.

His Army name is Wales so I imagine he has been called that pretty often to be fair.

Haha Japan! Marvellous, and I normally hate rugby

Yeah that was unreal and history making in rugby terms.  Seems the Japanese have some real fight in them - who knew?!! :) 

I'm definitely not going to be taking the piss out of all the Saffers I know either, not one bit...

• Like 1

Good article on English rugby

Reminds me with a shudder of my grammar school sports afternoons. Ugh.

I had the same experience. I hated it, and have disliked rugby ever since. The teacher used to have a rule that if you weren't sufficiently muddy by the end of the game, you had to stay after school and do laps, so my mate and I were always waiting until his back was turned and then jumping face first into the muddiest parts of the pitch we could find. 

Being a teenager sucked. 

Doing stewarding at Twickenham for this, pitch side as well. Being 20 feet away from 70 odd thousand Frenchmen singing the Marseillaise has been the highlight so far. Or maybe on the opening ceremony night they got the crowd to sing sweet caroline, that was great as well.  

Â