Rugby World Cup 2015

Don_Simon

Burgess awesome when he came on. Made a massive difference. He's being massively underrated by a lot of people. 

horrid angles when players don't run straight at him. will be an open gate at 12 if Dan Biggar/Jamie Roberts are Wales' 10/12 set - look at how easily Nadolo beat him - everyone elses shoulders are parallel - his are at 45 degrees.

See this a lot with converts from league - to call him awesome is a bit odd, 4 knock-ons in 20 minutes is an improvement on the 8 in 29 he put against Ireland a few weeks ago....

Burgess awesome when he came on. Made a massive difference. He's being massively underrated by a lot of people. 

horrid angles when players don't run straight at him. will be an open gate at 12 if Dan Biggar/Jamie Roberts are Wales' 10/12 set - look at how easily Nadolo beat him - everyone elses shoulders are parallel - his are at 45 degrees.

See this a lot with converts from league - to call him awesome is a bit odd, 4 knock-ons in 20 minutes is an improvement on the 8 in 29 he put against Ireland a few weeks ago....

Well I guess I'm "odd" then. I hate that description of other people's opinions. But then you do sound like an expert who clearly knows better than everyone else... Are you Welsh by any chance? 

Well I guess I'm "odd" then. I hate that description of other people's opinions. But then you do sound like an expert who clearly knows better than everyone else... Are you Welsh by any chance? 

yep - but to say hes awesome is odd - whichever way you want it taken - that final 15 minutes was turned up by Vunipola - Burgess was average, and given Englands pack up front has hardly been dominant (although I think they'll have the upper hand on Saturday) - you don't really want a centre who can't hold onto the ball when he gets hit.

But yes, he's great because he smashed Irelands backup in a friendly? :-/

Someone having a different opinion to you is not "odd". Saying that is the odd thing IMO.

I may have got a bit excited in describing him as "awesome" but I'm certainly not alone in thinking that he had a big impact when he came on. I'm probably slightly biased as I've been a big fan of his for years. Used to watch him regularly when I lived in Australia. He's being massively underestimated and written off as one-dimensional by a lot of people but he has a lot more to his game than he's being given credit for. 

That said, I'd be far more excited if he didn't have Barritt playing outside him...

Fantastic atmosphere at the Scotland Japan game yesterday. Easily as many Japanese fans as Scotland in the main stand where I was. Japan were absolutely on it in the first half and we genuinely feared they'd do to Scotland, what they did to SAfr. Much more relaxed in the second half once Mafi (who was an absolute beast) went off and we were able to enjoy the last half an hour or so. 

Major congrats to the Japanese though. Their fans were immense and the team really engaged with the occasion. The players all stayed around after the final whistle to have photos taken with fans and sign autographs. We left 25 minutes after the final whistle and they were still going - all smiles and obviously really enjoying themselves. Might have to think about going over there for the next RWC.

It is set up to be a crash-bang-wallop type of game which (in a strange twist) arguably suits Wales more than England.

I still think England will win and win fairly comfortably because not only is Halfpenny missing but so is Rhys Webb and without the latter at scrum-half they tend to play slow rugby which is easily to defend against.

Probably mentioned already but kick off times are a bit shit aren't they? I'm not a huge rugby fan at all but was looking forward to watch a few matches in the weekday evenings (wife is out) to find only 1 game and it already ended. Rubbish. 

Edit: Yeah I'm an idiot, didn't notice the NZ game....

Edited by Genie

Congratulations to Wales - a really gutsy performance in the second half.

Some very, very poor decision making from England (especially going for the corner towards the end) and a disgracefully poor effort in the last twenty or so considering half the welsh starting back line were probably sat in an ambulance.

Should be playing rugby when the opposition are struggling with players going off and not just punting the ball up to them.

Edited by snowychap
  • Like 1

England's decision to make about 20 subs a few minutes after the break cost them the game, not that final kick.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I'd agree with that to a degree but you have to question Englands fitness too imo. They started looking the fitter of the two teams but Wales were able to sustain their fitness for 80 mins, England players that had been on the pitch from the start looked to be flagging a bit at around 60 mins - hence the subs. No way would Wales have pushed out a maul from an England Lineout in the first 60 mins, after that… well we saw didn't we.

• Like 1

Â