The Chairman Mao resembling, Monarchy hating, threat to Britain, Labour Party thread

Demitri_C

Looks like Hoey might be booted. Unsurprisingly, given how unpopular she's made herself recently, membership of her seat has reportedly passed a no confidence motion, and are pushing to have the whip removed.

8 hours ago, ml1dch said:

Frank Field too apparently.

Good riddance to the pair of them.

I really have no idea how Frank Field has been getting away with the shit he comes out with considering his constituency.

Grade A throbber

EDIT:

Anti-abortionist

Member of the advisory board of both Reform free-market think tank and Standpoint (both claim to be bi-partisan by are really Conservative)

Wants a return to National Service

Even named as the 100th most influential Right Winger by the Torygraph

The Tory Party has actively tried to get him to change sides

• Like 1

The two of them are hopeless considering they're in some of the safest seats in the country. It's been a good week, what with John Woodcock* departing as well, although it's a bit much that he gets to run away from his sexual harrassment claim and still be treated like some sort of wilderness prophet by the media. 

Of course, we'll soon be back to 'Labour chaos' stories. 

*Such a penis that every syllable of his name is a synonym for them. 

• Haha 1

I'd like to ask the older generation who havw been around. We all know politicians are no goid but has there ever been a time in your life time that the two main parties labour and conservatives have been this shit?

Genuine question.

Hoey is not just a pro-Brexit Labour MP. She cosied up to Farage and Banks and tweets anti-EU propaganda.

She should have fallen off that boat. She has contributed to untold damage to this country.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

I'd like to ask the older generation who havw been around. We all know politicians are no goid but has there ever been a time in your life time that the two main parties labour and conservatives have been this shit?

Genuine question.

I've witnessed probably 40ish years of incompetence but these are both the worst IMO. (I guess I've been interested in politics since about the age of 11 if not before, used to read my grandfather's Morning Star most mornings, probably before that age)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Genuine question.

I’ve had more than a passing interest in politics for the last 30 years and would probably view myself as a labour voter. 

In the past I’ve seen politicians I’ve disliked intensely but that’s normally because I’m opposed to what they stand for. Right now, I don’t see many (any?) that are prepared to stand up for something. Right now it seems that politicians on all sides are self-serving, lying, duplicitous idiots. Some of this is I think because the world of politics has changed. There have always been firebrands but now it’s toe the party line or you’re out. Being a rebel is just not allowed. As a politician you’re not allowed to stand on a matter of personal principle and I think that’s very much to the detriment of the country. 

I could probably count the names of politicians I admire on the fingers of one hand. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Genuine question.

My opinion, we've had worse politicians in that they've chosen to do truly awful things to whole communities. I'd single out Thatcher's vile regime in particular as she used the police as a political weapon to try and kill off whole communities. She was a bloody criminal. To balance that, I'd say Blair's holy war in Iraq was criminal but competently done.

This lot may be the most fractured and shambolic in some time. Though, saying that, the whole Michael Foot / Militant Tendency / Peter Tatchell / Derek Hatton thing from back in the day was pretty impressive.

Couldn't comment on earlier stuff.

5 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Genuine question.

I don't think we've ever has a collection of more incompetent, unscrupulous, unprincipled, dishonest, two-faced, shameless efftards. I think as @chrisp65 that there have been worse individuals previously (e.g. Thatcher), but overall, we've currently got the worst Government and worst opposition combination for a very long time and probably ever in living memory (I suppose you could make an argument for Thatcher/Foot being worse, I dunno). As someone desperate to nat have tories in charge, the state and direction and conduct of Labour is just massively disheartening.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Genuine question.

Good question too imo Dem. From my Thatcher - Major - Blair - Brown - Cameron - May driven memories and pretty much echoing Chrisp above. Worse individuals, but in fairness a lot of that is the hindsight advantage.

I would argue that in the long run they have all done more harm than good.

Arguing the league table of who is worse or better based on figures for.... etc etc is a game they like us to play though. Because it sets it in a framework that suggests this is how it is.

WHY they're such an incompetent bunch of two-faced words removed is much more pertinent imo.

I don't subscribe to the POV that suggests it's all a mistake. Like the Gulf War under Bush - "We went in without a real plan" they cried. "Did they ****" I replied from my sofa.

6 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Genuine question.

The results of Tory shiteness are there to see in failing public services and continued boardroom excess. (See latest water payouts to suited vermin before repairs, yet again).

Labour's shiteness (and they're well splattered)  is amplified by media owned offshore by TOTAL PRICKS that aren't interested in paying taxes.

I think social media makes a difference as you get reminders that a lot of politicians are idiots every minute of every day.  I still have a hope that there are many decent MPs out there that just don't make it to the frontbenches.

2 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

My opinion, we've had worse politicians in that they've chosen to do truly awful things to whole communities. I'd single out Thatcher's vile regime in particular as she used the police as a political weapon to try and kill off whole communities. She was a bloody criminal. To balance that, I'd say Blair's holy war in Iraq was criminal but competently done.

This lot may be the most fractured and shambolic in some time. Though, saying that, the whole Michael Foot / Militant Tendency / Peter Tatchell / Derek Hatton thing from back in the day was pretty impressive.

Couldn't comment on earlier stuff.

I'd describe it in that there have been worse politicians in terms of their policies, but at least they were implemented properly. There have been worse politicians at getting things done but they weren't complete halfwits.

I can't think of many where the quadfecta of bad policy, bad administration from both sides of the house all met in the middle of the Venn diagram.

Which I think is broadly along your lines above.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, ml1dch said:

I'd describe it in that there have been worse politicians in terms of their policies, but at least they were implemented properly. There have been worse politicians at getting things done but they weren't complete halfwits.

I can't think of many where the quadfecta of bad policy, bad administration from both sides of the house all met in the middle of the Venn diagram.

Which I think is broadly along your lines above.

Kinda what I was saying too

Predictably Thatcher gets brought up a lot in response to Dems question but I don't think she fits the bill of what he was asking. She had policies most of us disagree with but she was not an incompetent politician, quite the opposite infact. The current lot from both sides of politics however...

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Genuine question.

I was lucky enough that grow up in Thatchers  Britain ,we’ve pretty much gone downhill politician ( and country ) wise since her time , nowadays any nut job with a twitter account can get a Politician scampering for the next bandwagon  and that’s probably a reason why the current mob are so crap ... Sadly I don’t see it changing it will only get worse 

Â