The Chairman Mao resembling, Monarchy hating, threat to Britain, Labour Party thread

Demitri_C

2 minutes ago, peterms said:

Dirty tricks would involve some kind of improper conduct, not just an outcome some people don't like

That's not what you said about the imposition of "right wing" candidates on local associations, it's the opposite. It's pure double standards. Which is one of my gripes. Complain like mad if it's done to you (not you the poster but left wing labour types generally) and then do the same and more it in spades themselves and act all morally superior like, explain it all away.

3 minutes ago, peterms said:

If any left winger had acted towards Blair the way Hodge did to Corbyn, do you think there would have been a disciplinary process?

I doubt it. But my hypothetical guess is as good or bad as yours. All sorts of people called Blair all sorts of things (much of it justified) without being disciplined.

6 minutes ago, peterms said:

If any left winger had acted towards Blair the way Hodge did to Corbyn, do you think there would have been a disciplinary process?  The surprise is that she's not being hauled over the coals.  Compare that for example with the recent treatment of Marc Wadsworth.

This has been posted a lot but Corbyn has been pretty bad towards leaders over the years.

CnwYUNuXYAAXEea.jpg

9 hours ago, WhatAboutTheFinish said:

Is this dude suggesting the BBC is part of a Jewish run media that is disproportionately advancing its own cause over those of other minority groups? Racist! :ph34r:

I think he's certainly suggesting that the BBC is too compliant in the face of the very well organised and resourced lobbying on the "Labour antisemitism" story, and that they seem less interested than they should be in objective assessment of the two issues and their relative scale and spread in political parties.  I would agree.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

This has been posted a lot but Corbyn has been pretty bad towards leaders over the years.

CnwYUNuXYAAXEea.jpg

Well, that's a list of times when Corbyn has supported challenges to the leader, as set out in party rules.  It can hardly be a cause for complaint that people challenge the leader in a formal process - people might prefer there wasn't a challenge, but they can't complain if there is one.  Nor should there be complaints when people disagree about big issues and matters of principle.  The problem comes when people engage in plotting and undermining and dirty tricks.  Taking the tories as an example, it's right that Johnson should step down and speak out if he can't accept the line on Brexit, and wrong that he constantly briefs against May, and engages in racist dog whistles to start an unofficial beauty contest with the rapidly diminishing membership. 

People might take issue with the number of times Corbyn voted against the party line down the years, but supporting challenges to the leadership in the way party rules set out really can't be thought unacceptable.  I think the point the Eye was making was to juxtapose that list with Abbot's call for loyalty, which I think was after the leadership election - again, it's a common and reasonable expectation in all parties that having lost a leadership election, you accept that you lost, until election time comes round again.  The Eye seems to be having a dig rather than making a serious and substantive point.

1 hour ago, blandy said:

Only if Corbyn's in? Sadly (or not, I dunno) even with the absolute worst, most inept, divided, incompetent, objectionable tory government ever, Corbyn still doesn't look like getting in. 

Which brings us back to the media's mega rich hurling everything at Corbyn because they like their fat profits to avoid tax.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Xann said:

Which brings us back to the media's mega rich hurling everything at Corbyn because they like their fat profits to avoid tax.

I wonder. I mean obviously, often,  in the past, the media have been harsher to Labour. But (sample of 1) my paper today is front page and inside giving full reign to Boris Johnson's latest foolishness, tory spilts etc. I could imagine if Brexit doesn't go the way they want it (and it won't) that there will be more stuff aimed at "tory traitors" and "enemies of the people" and just general slating of all of the politicians. Maybe they will get behind the Boris National Party, maybe the media will have upped and left for the continent or Bermuda

7 hours ago, peterms said:

I think he's certainly suggesting that the BBC is too compliant in the face of the very well organised and resourced lobbying on the "Labour antisemitism" story, and that they seem less interested than they should be in objective assessment of the two issues and their relative scale and spread in political parties.  I would agree.

On the point about the BBC cavingin to pressure, a very recent example is instructive.

I went through a point of thinking Farage had something to say (a few years ago mind) but since, and in all this whataboutery I have to go with my gut. Having grown up in Brum with Muslims and Sikhs as mates I cannot bear any political manouvre as we are witnessing today with BoJo - where it is normalised to be offensive and to create actual harm to people who do not happen to be well-off and living in Oxfordshire. The Tory party are handling it from what I can see and rightly so, should they lose control then I will fookin riot on this. 

20 minutes ago, blandy said:

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT - recent Posts about Middle East stuff have been migrated to the appropriate thread as they were off topic for this Islington allotment tending topic

And both threads survived. :hooray::mrgreen:

Edited by snowychap
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, snowychap said:

And both threads survived. :hooray::mrgreen:

Bing Bong: "We apologise for the delayed arrival of the first predictable jibe of the day".

What took you so long, Snowy ? ?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, blandy said:

p.s. I was sweating a bit! Nothing seemed to be happening for an awful long time.

You realise that if you'd destroyed the threads, I would have accused you of deliberate censorship?  ?

• Haha 4

It's like the second coming...

It's an admirable aim no doubts about it but to say they will do it, is just using the issue to posture, either that or they really don't understand the complex issues involved here.

Just as an example, in Liverpool there are 2 shelters open to all. One run by the council and the council have a slogan, "No Second Night", they will accommodate all rough sleepers, they have street teams to help and inform the rough sleepers, there are also various other charities involved. There is no accommodation problem for rough sleepers, they have more than enough spaces to help them all... there are still I'd guess a couple of hundred rough sleepers in the city centre every night.

The problem isn't as easily solved as Labour appear to think it is. No one will solve this issue in one term of office. There's the mental health issues, the alcoholism, drug addiction. etc all intertwined with many underlying causes. They may help the situation for sure but solve it? Nah.

• Like 3

There are currently spare beds every night in Cardiff at a range of different hostels.

Every night there are a minimum of a dozen people rough sleeping and living in tents in the park behind our office and in our office car park.

It's a serious and complex question that needs thought and needs to be fixed. It is not about adding more beds to the register or building a block of flats.

Having said that, of the two parties, I'd 100% prefer the Labour stance.

• Like 4

I see mass murderer Benny Netanyahu is bumping his gums about Corbyn.

I don't think anything that gangster could say would cause anyone to change their opinion on any of this.

Between Corbyn and Netanyahu, I think there's a clear winner in who's orchestrated the murder of the most children.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

There are currently spare beds every night in Cardiff at a range of different hostels.

Every night there are a minimum of a dozen people rough sleeping and living in tents in the park behind our office and in our office car park.

It's a serious and complex question that needs thought and needs to be fixed. It is not about adding more beds to the register or building a block of flats.

Having said that, of the two parties, I'd 100% prefer the Labour stance.

Wouldn't disagree with that, my point is, don't say you'll solve something when anyone with an ounce of knowledge knows you won't. You'll help, you'll assist, you'll attempt to eradicate it, yes and if they said that I would give them credit for it

But it doesn't say that, it was also sent out today in response to the Tories saying something, it's a typical tit for tat platitude, that says nothing really. No real thought behind it, just a retaliation for something the Tories said. They do it all the time, it's irritating and it's setting themselves up for a fall. It also makes me not believe a word they say. I do agree though I'd rather Labour looking after the issue that the Tories but that's without any kind of policy statement

• Like 3

13 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

I see mass murderer Benny Netanyahu is bumping his gums about Corbyn.

I don't think anything that gangster could say would cause anyone to change their opinion on any of this.

Between Corbyn and Netanyahu, I think there's a clear winner in who's orchestrated the murder of the most children.

grown men squabbling on Twitter  ...Grrrrrrr

Corbyn does have a knack for serious lack of judgment though doesn't he  !!!

IRA, Hamas, Hezbollah , PLO  , the common theme being he continues to spout out the"you can only bring about peace by engaging with these people "  line ... I personally don't buy it simple as for decades, no one paid much attention to Corbyn because he didn’t matter ...worryingly he kinda does now , all be it I think even the "oh Jeremy Corbyn" chanting mongs have realised he's  not the messiah now and his chances of being PM diminish every day

still , I've no doubt he's just misunderstood and Jeremy really makes a decent cup of tea , just the media will report that he drinks coffee that helps fund FARC or something

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

yes, I was present, but I don't recall participating

destructive-dogs.jpg

As amusing as your reply is. it also hits the nail on the head, his excuse this time is both pathetic and incredible

That wreath was nothing to do with me, I don't care if you've got a photo of me holding it

• Like 2

Â