The Chairman Mao resembling, Monarchy hating, threat to Britain, Labour Party thread

Demitri_C

2 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

I was lucky enough to be a white male southerner in Thatchers  Britain

Others were treated like scum by the bitch that had police mobs roaming towns looking for people to beat up. 

still dead

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Thatcher divides so many people. Some say she was one of the best ever... Some say she was evil and despicable. 

The divide generally starts at Watford, pretty much

• Like 1

The Tories have torn the country in half and Liam Fox wants you to drink milk filled with hormones and pus from next year.

But yeah, it's inevitable that Labour getting in would be the start of a raft of new anti Semitic legislation.

Wake up f***wits.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Xann said:

The Tories have torn the country in half and Liam Fox wants you to drink milk filled with hormones and pus from next year.

But yeah, it's inevitable that Labour getting in would be the start of a raft of new anti Semitic legislation.

Wake up f***wits.

You forgot the obligatory chlorinated chicken reference in your scare story 

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

tbf she's not the only one ....

browndm0905_468x307.jpg

d05fdcffe4f2ecac3e4fd22c59b641a6--tony-blair-jimmy.jpg

Although to be fair again She was the one who insisted on his appearing on the honours list despite the advice of SIS eh? And partied the new year in together for a decade. :thumb:

• Like 1

Anyway to bring it back somewhere near thread relevance, I'd say the battle for the Labour Party being raged now, the comeback of the leftish types and the stronghold of Centre-Right Labour MP's is part of her legacy for sure.

Whether Corbyn wins any GE or not is kind of irrelevant to the point of whether Labour is a working class left of centre party or not imo.

6 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

Whether Corbyn wins any GE or not is kind of irrelevant to the point of whether Labour is a working class left of centre party or not imo.

Except the problem is half the Labour party are conspiring to make sure he doesn't win a GE.

At the 2016 GE, here, the Labour Party did absolutely no canvassing. Not a leaflet through the door, not a tweet from the candidate. They lost the seat by 2,000 votes on zero promotion of the candidate.

It was the local party 'protesting' the direction of the party. The local Labour party decided the incumbent tory was better for us than a Corbyn government. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Except the problem is half the Labour party are conspiring to make sure he doesn't win a GE.

At the 2016 GE, here, the Labour Party did absolutely no canvassing. Not a leaflet through the door, not a tweet from the candidate. They lost the seat by 2,000 votes on zero promotion of the candidate.

It was the local party 'protesting' the direction of the party. The local Labour party decided the incumbent tory was better for us than a Corbyn government. 

giphy.gif

4 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

I guess the local Labour candidate couldn't have been exactly popular with the local LP members, then? I mean if she or he was much liked and respected by the locals, then they'd campaign for her/him whatever stupidity Corbyn's bunch were proposing (in their view)?

6 minutes ago, blandy said:

I guess the local Labour candidate couldn't have been exactly popular with the local LP members, then? I mean if she or he was much liked and respected by the locals, then they'd campaign for her/him whatever stupidity Corbyn's bunch were proposing (in their view)?

I couldn't decide to be honest. The candidate was Camilla Bevan, close friend and assistant to our local AM, Jane Hutt. So she was 'connected' and sort of local. But from Penarth and she was stereotypical Penarth. A bit posh, a bit big sunglasses and prosecco. Social media went quiet. She didn't exactly get stuck in to chatting to people from the poorer areas.  She was the absolute opposite of a Momentum style candidate. But then we don't have a local Momentum grouping. So it wasn't an internal local labour / momentum quarrel. It was an old school labour area not pushing against an open door to get an MP. They got a 10% gain with no campaigning. The votes of other leftie groups like Plaid, Greens, Womens Equality Party, Liberals etc would have easily more than taken that seat for a Labour candidate. 

In that there was no organisation at all, the fewest ever posters in windows, no leaflet through the letterbox, no questions answered on twitter and a no show at a local hustings, I kind of presume it was a thrown match. Which takes its own level of co-ordination and buy in from the majority of members I'd have guessed?

Anyway, I bypassed Labour all together, as appeared to be their plan.

I do wonder how long Corbyn will hold out with these continued things coming out about his past. Going on Iranian state TV and talking in fond words about convicted Hamas members being released doesn't exactly reflect well on him.

Say what you want about Gaza, but comparing it to WW2 Leningrad (roughly 1.5 million civilians dead) is probably not fit for purpose when the casualties on both sides in the Palestinian-Israeli conflict is not much over 10.000 for both sides since the start of the Second Intifada in 2000.

I see even McDonnell's in hot water - that can only be good for Labour.

This just highlights what is going on here, in one tweet

Some missing facts here, as far as I'm aware, totally unreported by the BBC

The person at the said event that likened Israel's treatment of the Palestinians for being like Nazi Germany was, in fact, an ACTUAL HOLOCAUST SURVIVOR

Louise Ellman actually attended this event herself and was at the said event for a longer period of time than Corbyn himself.

She's a hypocrite with an agenda

This also highlights why the IHRA definition's examples are complete and utter bollocks that only serve to stifle debate on Israel and its illegal actions

• Like 3

Â