Pre-match thread

roonst83

2 - 0 everton

Both goals to come against the run of play

Think they will hit us on the counter because the pressure is on us to win and we will leave ourselves open

2 - 0 everton

Think they will hit us on the counter because the pressure is on us to win and we will leave ourselves open

This is also my concern.

2 - 0 everton

This is also my concern.

Keep it tight first half.

If its close I reckon we have the firepower the shade it.  However we shouldn't throw away 2pts - seeking 3 if its 0-0 after 85 minutes take the point.

Our defence makes or breaks today - Im convinced we can muster the goals - but can we keep Everton out ?

We conceded 1 goal against Spurs and Liverpool......The Man City game was a bit freakish in terms of conceding..... we CAN keep a clean sheet today in present form.

The key today is....don't be afraid of Everton, but equally don't get caught on the counter.

I've liked our shape playing two attacking-midfielders behind Benteke so I hope we go for something like this:

Given | Bacuna Okore Vlaar Cissokho | Cleverley Westwood Delph | N'Zogbia Grealish | Benteke

Not saying today is must win but we need 4 points from this and West Ham

Would sleep easier tonight if we won today though! 

I just don't feel good about winning this. We always struggled with Wigan when Martinez was there and recently we can't seem to beat Everton.

Have people forgotten how well we have played in recent games ?

Outplaying both liverpool and man city at thier own ground, but now you think we will lose at home to everton..

Ofcourse it's possible we might lose, but not very likely.

no disguising the fact it's a big game for us. could end the day in 14th looking moderately safe or 18th deep in the mire. We can't control results elsewhere, just gotta come away with 3 points by whatever means.

while Everton are in good form, one thing I'm clinging to is that most of that has been at home & I don't think they are as convincing away.