Pre-match thread

roonst83

Think we will lose, mainly because fans are underestimating Everton.

That bang on the head really did you in buddy, that's not how football works ;)

Because you think that I think we will win. Partly because I'm not expecting us to myself...

Back on the pitch, it really is a 50/50 kinda game. Our last 4 performances at least have been very exciting and dynamic, but they have a solidarity about them. If anything they are more dangerous because they have nothing to play for, they can relax. I'm worried that if the game is still frozen after an hour we may start to overplay.

For me what is most crucial is that we don't concede early AGAIN. Keep it tight early on and grow into the game.

To be fair, we could still come back and draw/win if we do concede early but it's so damaging to us.

Tim has come out in support of Guzan this week, can't see him dropping him tbh. Must be a different story next week if he has another howler though.

Got to keep Lennon quiet today, hope to see Cissokho come back in and perform well. Starting 11 for me:

Guzan

Hutton Okore Vlaar Cissokho

Cleverley Sanchez Delph

Sinclair Grealish

Benteke

A cagey first half ends 0-0, Villa come out all guns blazing 2nd half and win 3-1. Benteke hat trick. Sunday media more interested in Benteke transfer rumours than the Villa performance, his price tag just gone closer to £50m.