Pre-match thread

roonst83

It is though.

He hasn't been amazing like he has been in previous seasons. But he certainly hasn't been bad.

And like I said above, that's about as much as you can say about Given too. He's made one excellent save, but apart from that he's just done what's expected of him. Which to be honest hasn't been very much at all.

'Seasons' is plural. Guzan had one amazing season.

As discussed in the Given thread, he was always a very good shot-stopper, that's never changed. Nobody suddenly thinks this because of the ssve vs. Leicester. It was his deficiencies in other areas that made him an inadequate No. 1. Guzan used to have a strong all-round game, now he is 'meh' at best in every department, including command of the area. Therefore I personally see more benefit in having Given in the team at present.

It is though.

He hasn't been amazing like he has been in previous seasons. But he certainly hasn't been bad.

And like I said above, that's about as much as you can say about Given too. He's made one excellent save, but apart from that he's just done what's expected of him. Which to be honest hasn't been very much at all.

Rob green has made the most errors leading to a goal for a goalie this season with 6, second to him is Goose with 4. Not good enough when you factor in his terrible kicking.

Let's just see what Tim does.

I imagine Guzan will still be in goal on the weekend.

And rightly so. He's better than Given, and 4 games to go isn't the time to be messing around with your goalkeeper.

Sorry to be a downer but as much as we are flying right now the simple matter is that it is 1 win in the last 9 home league games. This is the last monkey Sherwood has to get off Villa's back. Even if we were okay at home that would make us a mid table side given our decent away form. I would be happy for a draw and the win v West Ham. Never that easy for Villa though is it?!

Must win.

2-1 defeat and squeaky bum time.

We must be aiming to win one from the next two but West Ham is certainly the easier. A draw isn't the end of the world for this one.

Edited by Isa
  • Like 1

Need to get around Barry. He's had a poor season and Everton fans have been on his back constantly although predictabily he's looked better with McCarthy's mobility alongside him. If Delph and Cleverley can close him down quickly when he's on the ball we'll get some joy.

Must admit I think this is the case of playing Everton at the wrong time. I'd be a lot more confident of winning this game if they had the likes of Besic, Arouna Kone, McGeady in their starting 11 rather then Lennon, Lukaku and McCarthy.

Still I'll take a draw as long as Everton do the business v Sunderland the following week.

Edited by VillaChris

please just let it be easy, for a change

a dull, straightforward 2 goal lead from early on

I am spending much too much work time adding up every possible permutation.

This please! Take an early lead, and get a second just before half time plesae!