PauloBarnesi

“Firstly, we haven’t got £15m to spend under the fair play rules,” Sullivan said in an interview with the KUMB West Ham podcast. “Secondly, he failed a medical at Hull a couple of years ago. They say he has no ligaments in his knee, who knows? To sign a player for £15m is a big risk. He could go on for years but knowing our luck his knee will go in his first game and that’s the end of it.

“If we had £100m to spend we may say: ‘We’ll spend £15m and gamble one-sixth of our budget’. But it’s not one-sixth of our budget, it’d smash our budget to bits. And he didn’t keep Queens Park Rangers up. If he’d kept them up single-handedly you might say it was different – and a few of those goals were penalties. When we played Queens Park Rangers last year they had to win to stand any chance of staying up and he wasn’t very good.”

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/aug/20/charlie-austin-david-sullivan-west-ham-qpr

From the man that signed Andy Carroll

Austin is thinking of taking legal action

Too many injuries for them atm, had to start with Nolan today, nowhere near good enough for this league now. When Sakho couldn't continue they put Maiga on who I thought left them last season.

If they put out an 11 with Kouyate, Song (if he signs), Payet and upfront Sakho and Valencia I'd be surprised if they were down there in May.

Fans who demanded they play "the West 'Am way" now moaning that they need to do the basics right and not look to play too much attacking football. Brilliant.

#bringbackSam :lol: Early days of course but for their delusions of grandeur I'd love them to be scrapping at the bottom this year.
  • Like 1

Laughable 

Their fans are on a par with Liverpool fans

Sack Allardyce a proven midtable prem manager and then slam the manager they have recently recruited because the team isn't doing the "basics" correctly

Joke of a club

Has Andy Carroll ever actually been that good when he is fit? Ridiculously overrated IMO

To be fair, he's not overrated.

Everybody thinks he's bang average when fit and that's exactly what he is.

One of my best friends (a West Ham fan) has been telling me for years that Andy Carroll is a better player than Benteke.

I have given up arguing with him to be honest. I've just docked him twenty football knowledge points in my brain and take everything he says less seriously.

Â