PauloBarnesi

12 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

I hear this a lot, the "west ham way", the "man utd way", the "Liverpool way" etc.

I'd love to hear someone explain what is meant by this and to be more precise what exactly is the difference between the respective "way" of each team.

Because I'm fairly sure the "insert team name here" way is essentially high pressing, attacking football. But it's called a "way" to make it sound more mystical to evoke memories of days gone by.

Then just to be certain throw in the word "philosophy" once or twice to make it sound even more exciting.

It comes from the Ron Greenwood days when West Ham played pretty football but generally lost. 

• Like 1

It's a great deal for West Ham, look at what happens when your owners know how to run a business. As much as I despise their owners I wish they ran our club. They did well with Birmingham and gave them their best ever years and they are doing the same with West Ham too :(

• 3 weeks later...

West Ham have offered £31m to Marseille for Michy Batshuayi according to the Grauniad.  That new TV deal kicking in then, or is that what you can afford when you get a brand new massive stadium for chump change?

4 minutes ago, PaulC said:

He's got more potential than Ayew I think. 

I agree. He's a quality striker and I believe the best out of the other 3 Belgian strikers (Lukaku, Benteke, Origi). If you're going off the national team strikers that Wilmots picks...

5 minutes ago, 007√ said:

I agree. He's a quality striker and I believe the best out of the other 3 Belgian strikers (Lukaku, Benteke, Origi). If you're going off the national team strikers that Wilmots picks...

The best out of Lukaku, Benteke, Origi and Batshuayi is Batshuayi?

23 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

The best out of Lukaku, Benteke, Origi and Batshuayi is Batshuayi?

Without a doubt better then Benteke/Origi. Lukaku is definitely questionable. But he has a lot more potential for sure. He has the pace, power, hold up ability/link up play and finishing ability. He just needs a move to the Prem to solidify it.

38 minutes ago, 007√ said:

No chance whatsoever and I've watched plenty of Marseille this season due to what a comical season they've had particularly at Velodrome.

Michy is a good finisher but his hold up play back to goal is woeful, so many times the ball will be played and it just comes off him like a brick wall, much worse than Lukaku's hold up play imo.

West Ham were linked to Lacazette a few weeks ago, he'd probably cost less and be a better pick up. With his pace he can sit on the last defender and decent on one on ones so an upgrade on Sakho and Valencia who are decent players.

12 hours ago, Czechlad said:

Batshuayi has only scored a few more goals than Ayew, but he plays for a better club. Crazy money. 

slightly better club, Marseille are not a very good team at all

Just now, Uncle Albert said:

ive just seen on ssn the olympic stadium has been converted to the west ham colours. club confirm they have sold 50k season tickets for next season :o

Yeah just seen this too. 50000 season tickets all sold out. 

Fair play to West ham's owners, got to give them credit for what they've done there.

Whilst I think it's complete BS, they saw an opportunity and made it work for them. 

Hope we get owners who have some form of business sense unlike our current owner. 

1 hour ago, Uncle Albert said:

ive just seen on ssn the olympic stadium has been converted to the west ham colours. club confirm they have sold 50k season tickets for next season :o

They're Aston Villa colours ;)

• Like 1

Â