Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

I think the way our summer has panned out, with our new younglings and the way we're looking at the moment, including what we're lacking, he's probably not a bad fit.  I've always said the price is completely irrelevant as a fan.  What the board want to spend is up to them.  The only question from a fan perspective is whether the player is right for the team.  A Villa frontline with Berahino in it, amongst players of his own age (as opposed to the West Bromwich pensioners), could be very good indeed.  So yes is basically what I'm saying :) /waffle

Me too I think he'd be amazing for us

Well yes, going briefly back to finances and the 'n' spend word, I can't see them doing it.  I see Lerner singing the Meatloaf classic in my head - "I will spend anything you want ... but I won't spend that".

would anyone take Berahino for 24M ?

No **** way. £24m? He's a worse version of Defoe and a rocket polisher to boot. 

I'd take him for half that, £15m at a push, I'm enjoying watching Spurs get their pants pulled down here, and have no interest in joining in.

Personally, I'd prefer Austin over Berahino, I think he's a more natural goalscorer and would be a better fit for our team, we desperately need a striker though no doubt about it

I'd take Berahino over two Austin's they're in different worlds in terms of talent - it's Sturridge Jr vs Lambert Jr.

There's two parts to the Berahino-no-no, firstly it seems pretty unlikely we'd whip up £24m and secondly I think the Albion would sooner sell to anyone else but us.

Thirdly, Richard clearly garners some kind of erotic benefit from winding everyone up. You can guarantee he's sat there smirking away as we all flock to feed on the scraps of his wisdom.

Well played.

I love the way people judge players attitude by what they read in the press or their perceived actions. Most were gutted we lost Benteke yet he did exactly what Berahino has done. I'd pay £24m for him all day long. He scores goals he can play in more than one position and would fit in perfectly with what we've got. I doubt we'd be a significant jump for him to be interested never mind us having the money to get him but I'd put a bid in for a laugh just to annoy Levy!!

There's two parts to the Berahino-no-no, firstly it seems pretty unlikely we'd whip up £24m and secondly I think the Albion would sooner sell to anyone else but us.

Thirdly, Richard clearly garners some kind of erotic benefit from winding everyone up. You can guarantee he's sat there smirking away as we all flock to feed on the scraps of his wisdom.

Well played.

Or he just asked a really simple question, about would we, in a football speculation thread.

I really didn't see it for anymore than that, a speculative question typically asked by 99.9999% of football fans.

• Like 1

Personally, I'd prefer Austin over Berahino, I think he's a more natural goalscorer and would be a better fit for our team, we desperately need a striker though no doubt about it

I'd take Berahino over two Austin's they're in different worlds in terms of talent - it's Sturridge Jr vs Lambert Jr.

you really think there's that much of a gulf? what makes you say that? Austin got 18 premier league goals last season, Berahino got 14

would anyone take Berahino for 24M ?

I've had a complete U turn in the last 24hrs. I've never really been taken by him but last night watching the game I actually thought of him as being a perfect fit for our current squad. A young, energetic livewire would work wonderfully with Gil, Grealish and Traore, it's the sort of player I was/am still hoping Ayew could be.

Edited by av1