Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

We need a central defender , Richards is not the answer and the others are either injury prone, pick up cheap cards or aren't good enough.

I can't comprehend what's going on with Guzan but if he was not good enough to keep Given out of the team then he's not good enough to play now, add that to the fact the center defenders are at best average.

I'm sorry but but for all the fancy foreign players we are linked with I don't see any that in the center of defense or a keeper, an area we have struggled like **** in for months.......I'm worried

Latest twitter talk is that Sherwood was on a flight back from Marbella this evening....which would hint at Sergi Darder.

Possibly(probably) just nonsense but would be great f true, he's a very talented player! 

User Actions
  Follow
edVXbNjl_bigger.jpgReema@reema80

Tim Sherwood on our flight back to london. Of course he would go to Marbs on holiday.

Latest twitter talk is that Sherwood was on a flight back from Marbella this evening....which would hint at Sergi Darder.

Possibly(probably) just nonsense but would be great f true, he's a very talented player! 

User Actions

Follow

Tim Sherwood on our flight back to london. Of course he would go to Marbs on holiday.

Hopefully nothing to do with today's Borini's rumours! (I know he's Italian)

I'm glad we haven't I'm over the moon Tim

Seems adebayor is the epitome of Marmite, you either love him or hate him. Funny thing is like Marmite, but I don't like adebayor.

• Like 2

User Actions
  Follow

Probably just getting Jack some vodka.

• Like 1

All very exciting us after so many players I do worry though with such upheaval and the season starting in 2 weeks it will be a case of us being very patient as it will take a while for so many new players to settle and work as a team.

• Like 1

We need a central defender , Richards is not the answer and the others are either injury prone, pick up cheap cards or aren't good enough.

I can't comprehend what's going on with Guzan but if he was not good enough to keep Given out of the team then he's not good enough to play now, add that to the fact the center defenders are at best average.

I'm sorry but but for all the fancy foreign players we are linked with I don't see any that in the center of defense or a keeper, an area we have struggled like **** in for months.......I'm worried

Richards better be the answer. No way he's being paid the wages he is to not start. You could respond that he could play rb, but that is clearly not the plan. As it is, basically expect him to be a cb and expect him to be a mainstay until it is beyond obvious he can't hack it. Too much in wages not to give him an extended look.
  • Like 1

All very exciting us after so many players I do worry though with such upheaval and the season starting in 2 weeks it will be a case of us being very patient as it will take a while for so many new players to settle and work as a team.

I agree but lets face it, If we were/are any worse than last season we would be a championship team. What we are building will definately not be a championship team providing we do get 4 or 5 more additions of the same quality we have already signed.

I do believe 4 or 5 is a realistic figure given that 1 or 2 of them could be loans, Cambiasso (if we can get him) would be free and (going by the general concensus on here) we still have around £20m to spend which would bring in another 2 players at the price bracket we've been shopping in.

Edit: Sorry, I strayed away from your original point a bit. What I meant was, I agree they will need time but some will hit it off straight away and not all of the first 11 will be new so its definately worth the gamble seeing as we couldnt get any worse. We already have the likes of Jack, Sinclair, Westwood, Guzan, Hutton, Bacuna and pretty much all of our CB's that dont need time to settle in.

Edited by Marley the Bognor Villan
  • Like 1

I agree but lets face it, If we were/are any worse than last season we would be a championship team. What we are building will definately not be a championship team providing we do get 4 or 5 more additions of the same quality we have already signed.

I do believe 4 or 5 is a realistic figure given that 1 or 2 of them could be loans, Cambiasso (if we can get him) would be free and (going by the general concensus on here) we still have around £20m to spend which would bring in another 2 players at the price bracket we've been shopping in.

Edit: Sorry, I strayed away from your original point a bit. What I meant was, I agree they will need time but some will hit it off straight away and not all of the first 11 will be new so its definately worth the gamble seeing as we couldnt get any worse. We already have the likes of Jack, Sinclair, Westwood, Guzan, Hutton, Bacuna and pretty much all of our CB's that dont need time to settle in.

I agree it was very much needed we are unfortunante that the season starts earlier this year a couple more weeks prep time would help us alot.

I'm guessing there's some truth in the Sergi Darder rumour as Sherwood has just spent 24 hrs in Malaga.

Would be good, but it looks like Darder played for Malaga yesterday - Malaga FC are currently in Columbia, they played deportivo Cali.

Could be an agent possibly though - who knows

Edited by TheLeftSide