Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

There's no way we're spending £18m on any player.

I tend to agree, but in saying that would you have thought we would have brought in the 10 players we have already?  I wouldn't say never at this stage.

When you take into consideration the amount of players who have left and the amount of money we have brought in I don't think signing 10 players was that unrealistic.

You'd think so wouldnt you?  and there is a part of me that says its so obvious to agree with you.  But there's just a little part that says expect the unexpected

Hmmm.... I'd like to believe expect the unexpected. Just can't see it. We're more likely to sign Lescott for £1.5m than spend £18m on a defender.

There was a report I read saying villa and Newcastle have agreed terms but have bid far less than the reported 18 million figure. Maybe we will get him for the magical 9-10 million mark

There was a report I read saying villa and Newcastle have agreed terms but have bid far less than the reported 18 million figure. Maybe we will get him for the magical 9-10 million mark

Think I saw a report saying we were willing to pay the 18 mill but Newcastle weren't which put us in pole position.  Paper talk at this stage though.

You'd think so wouldnt you? and there is a part of me that says its so obvious to agree with you. But there's just a little part that says expect the unexpected
Damn you Richard why leave a comment like that lol

Can you see Tim giving many facials this week?

I can answer that for you. The reason Richard leaves comments like that is due to his true identity which I can now reveal....

giphy.gif

i'd be very inclined to believe Harj.

If the initial report is correct, I imagine we've had a bid accepted that's less than 18m. 

He has responded to a comment saying he thinks its highly unlikely if that fee is correct so I wouldnt get too excited I dont think he knows anything about this.

I dont think it'll happen, Valencia interested too apparently and they've got  a few pennies burning a whole in their pocket now.

I think it'll be Lescott and a striker no idea who.

For me it's irrelevant, all budget should be directed at a striker not a defender. We've choices, even if not great, in defence.

Last year we had Gabby, Benteke, Weimann and Bent, now we have Gabby, Gestede, Ayew and Kozak. As it stands, I think last years strike force was better. Gabby is worse, however good Gestede may prove to be he is still a long way off Benteke. Weimann and Ayew feel similar. Bent and Kozak have both been left out! Happily for Lerner the wage bill is lower with new strike force though...

Reading back over the last few pages it seems like a few fans have become philosophical about the club.

For me personally, supporting the Villa leaves me feeling similar to the way I feel about my relationship. There are days when my missus really does my head in and I feel like I could simply give up and not bother with her anymore. Then, there's days when everything is great between us and nothing can compare to how good I am feeling at that moment. Despite the ups and downs there's always that one thing that remains - I love her. No matter what she says or does, there's just no living without her and that pretty much sums up the way I feel about the Villa. There's days when you wished you didn't put yourself through it and then there's days when you feel amazing but, no matter what feeling, you just cannot stop supporting them and your love of the club is never-ending.

Staying on topic, I hope there's more money to spend on the team. I do think we need another centre back, if not to start, at least to put pressure on the starters. I think previous seasons have shown that Baker is not up to the level required. I wasn't overly impressed by Okore last season. I really wanted to be impressed because he looked so good in the few games he played the season before. But, for me, he made far too many errors when given his chance last season. I'm not writing him off though! Clark could be great like last season or atrocious like the seasons before, who knows? Richards scares me when he comes running out of defence with the ball. Okore likes to do that too and I fear them ever being partnered together because we may end up with no back line. For me, a central defender who is better than both Okore and Baker, possibly even Clark, is essential.

I am not overly concerned about the strikers. I think we just need to improve the service into Gestede. He needs to get on the end of crosses and he didn't have too many, if any, to go for on Saturday. He doesn't look too good with his back to goal so we will need to get the ball out wide and whip in some crosses for the big man to get on the end of. Gabby is wasteful in front of goal and probably needs to become an impact sub in future. I wouldn't mind switching between Gestede and Kozak depending on form. Ayew has time to improve and we still haven't seen Sinclair given chance down the middle yet. He's a goalscorer so maybe he could thrive if given a chance in that position.

I think we will be OK when Jack and Amavi build an understanding down the left and Traore and probably Crespo get an understanding going down the right. I am sure we will see more goals when we start hitting the bye-line more often.

The midfield will be OK too, we just need to find the right balance.

• Like 2

West Ham's loan move for Emmanuel Adebayor is back on - and Tottenham could subsidise his wages

West Ham's bid to sign Emmanuel Adebayor from Tottenham is back on.

Talks aimed at a loan deal for the out-of-favour striker were reignited over the weekend.

Should the two clubs reach agreement over the next few days, the Hammers will take Adebayor, 31, for the final year of his White Hart Lane contract.

It is believed the deal could even see Spurs pay some of the player’s £100,000-a-week wages - a shift from the north Londoners’ refusal to subsidise Adebayor playing for their rivals eight months ago.

West Ham are desperately seeking reinforcements up front with Enner Valencia, Mauro Zarate and Andy Carroll - three of their four main strikers - all out injured.

Spurs chairman Daniel Levy, who dramatically blocked the January loan within hours of the deadline, reopened talks earlier this month.

They subsequently broke down but - as revealed by Mirror Sport - Adebayor rejected a move to Aston Villa to hold out for the Upton Park switch.

Villa believed they had landed the Togo striker as they had agreed to pay his £100,000-a-week wages. But Adebayor stalled, forcing them to lose patience and look elsewhere.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/west-hams-loan-move-emmanuel-6309248

You'd think so wouldnt you? and there is a part of me that says its so obvious to agree with you. But there's just a little part that says expect the unexpected
Damn you Richard why leave a comment like that lol

Because it's so vague he can't be proven wrong, but specific enough to look right if it happens.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 4

Looks like Adebayor just isn't very keen on playing for us. Would be very annoying if he came on deadline day through lack of any other option then didn't put the effort in.

We need another striker but I would resent us paying £100k a week to a word removed who won't deliver.

• Like 2

I can't believe that article, no way were we going to pay him 100k per week, no chance

If we got him for free it'd cost the same for a year as paying 5 million to buy him and pay him no wages.

Here we go.

...-go-go to the temple of consumption? 

xBAG8uTk.640x360.0.jpg