Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

We can't afford to keep buying strikers just because the ones we have bought appear to be shit.

And we can't afford to buy another CB just because we bought a load of players elsewhere and thought richards could do a job.

They do see it, they just haven't got the cash as TS says.

Giving players time before saying they're shit is underrated

Do you believe we need a ST Stefan?

Totally different question to what I said.

We can't afford to keep buying strikers just because the ones we have bought appear to be shit.

And we can't afford to buy another CB just because we bought a load of players elsewhere and thought richards could do a job.

You didn't ask a question. And your answer will indicate how you feel about ayew and gestede after 3 games.

You didn't ask a question. And your answer will indicate how you feel about ayew and gestede after 3 games.

No.

It doesn't work like that.

I think we need a new striker but that's because of Gabby's naffness and to give Ayew time to settle. Gestede should be back up at the moment.

Not because I think they're shit.

I reiterate.

Nothing like giving players time.

Seems like Lescott will be signing for us then.

Not sure how I feel about that one. I imagne part of it will have come from Micah Richards, but Lescott is surely past it now? 

I know how i feel, he isnt an improvement on what we have got.

No.

I think we need a new striker but that's because of Gabby's naffness and to give Ayew time to settle. Gestede should be back up at the moment.

I reiterate.

Right but given that ayew needs time to settle and gestede is back up in your opinion, was it wise for us to spend 15-18m on them two when we perhaps could have bought someone who was going to bang the goals in from moment one....

Given our

- loss of main goal scorer

- precarious positions in recent seasons.

Dunno about Stefan but could we give Ayew and Gestede a bit more than 180 mins max before we decide they are shit? If they have been poor, does that mean, as they are both pretty young, they will never improve? Will a striker hit better form when the team around them gels and gives better service? 

FFS Roma - don't talk sense on here please you know it doesn't work that way. Time is what some fans cannot grant players (be they young or experienced). That is an alien concept to some to allow a decent amount of time (more than 3 games or so).

No.

I reiterate.

Right but given that ayew needs time to settle and gestede is back up in your opinion, was it wise for us to spend 15-18m on them two when we perhaps could have bought someone who was going to bang the goals in from moment one....

Given our

That's very different to calling new players in a new league shit after 3 games isn't it?

Seems like Lescott will be signing for us then.

Not sure how I feel about that one. I imagne part of it will have come from Micah Richards, but Lescott is surely past it now? 

Good signing IMO, reliable experienced premier league centre back. Richards, Okore and Baker have all had injury issues.

• Like 1

No.

I reiterate.

Given our

That's very different to calling new players in a new league shit after 3 games isn't it?
Well tbh, I haven't called them shit. Just after 3 games they appear a bit shit. I know very little about them. I didn't know much about gestede when i said I thought hed score a hat full.

But I ask again,how long do we give them? 5, 10, 15 games? What's the point at which it becomes ok for people to stop sitting on the fence with comments like 'Itl take time' and make this forum entertaining?

Because that's what it'd be like if we all said that? It'd be boring. We all know it's been only 3 games. We don't need to say it over n over.

But it's ok to form an opinion further on than that isn't it surely? They're either going to be decent or not so where's the harm in calling it now? I notice you don't have too much of an issue with my opinion on jordan amavi after 3 games - nor does anyone tbh.

I don't have much problem with them. My issue is more with TS who I think has made a number of poor decisions this summer.

Edited by Woodytom

No.

I reiterate.

Given our

I just don't understand posts like these.

Do you think when we signed Gestede, Ayew etc we didn't think they could make an impact early on? They wouldn't have been signed if we didn't think they would contribute, sometimes some players do take a bit of time to settle but until they arrive and start playing you have no way of knowing.

Throwing large sums of money around doesn't guarantee anything other than a large wage bill:

Angel Di Maria - £50m

Andy Carroll - £35m

Christian Benteke - £7m

Sky Sports News HQ ‏@SkySportsNewsHQ

BREAKING: Sky Sources: West Brom will allow Joleon Lescott to leave club when they sign another defender. #SSNHQ

Welcome Lescott.

Does this mean they're not after any cash for him??

http://footballrepublik.com/lescott-close-to-aston-villa-move/

Aston Villa’s defence looks all set to be bolstered by the addition of West Brom and former Manchester City central defender Joleon Lescott as a permanent deal is all set to be completed within the week, according to the Daily Star.

Lescott, who grew up supporting Aston Villa, is no longer in manager Tony Pulis’ plans for the new season and Manchester United’s Johnny Evans is rumoured to be the West Brom manager’s primary target.

According to the report, the move for Lescott, who is 33-years-old, would cost Aston Villa £2.5 million and a deal could be completed in the coming days since Aston Villa manager Tim Sherwood is desperate to add some experience to his central defensive options. Tony Pulis wants to offload the defender in favour of Evans and Sherwood is keen to bring the defender to Villa Park; which makes it a very sensible piece of business for all concerned.

If this is the way it's going to go it may all rest on selling Berahino to finance Evans to offload Lescott.

No.

I reiterate.

Given our

I just don't understand posts like these.

Do you think when we signed Gestede, Ayew etc we didn't think they could make an impact early on? They wouldn't have been signed if we didn't think they would contribute, sometimes some players do take a bit of time to settle but until they arrive and start playing you have no way of knowing.

Throwing large sums of money around doesn't guarantee anything other than a large wage bill:

Angel Di Maria - £50m

Andy Carroll - £35m

Christian Benteke - £7m

Of course. I'm saying it in relation to Stefan's post. He's confidently saying ayew needs time and gestede should be back-up. If that's true, why has our manager spent the best part of 20m on them?

I've no doubt he perhaps thought they could make an impact straight away.

I'm not sure how that line of questioning can ever end satisfactorily though.  You're basically asking person A why something happened based on person A's opinions, when it was person B that actually did it (with his own separate opinions).  I suppose what you're effectively asking of Stefan based on the opening 3 games is if he believes Tim has made a bit of a booboo.  And again, I'd wonder about the motivation of asking something like that so early in the season *shrug*

• Like 1