Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Cambiasso on a free is a must IMO. He would offer experience and actual quality.

Adebayor Loan. For experience as well.

Praet 10 million.

Embolo/Oulare 10 million.

Cant imagine we have anymore to spend than that. Use another loan for a CB or RB.

-----------------------------Guzan-----------------------------

Bacuna------Richards--------------Clark-----------Amavi

-----------------------------Gueye----------------------------

---------------Cambiasso-----------Praet-------------------

------Gil----------------------------------------Grealish------

--------------------------Adebayor---------------------------

Embolo/Oulare as Adebayor back up until they settle in Premier League and prove themselves off the bench.

IMO thats a better starting 11 than the cup final 11.

Cambiasso on a free is a must IMO. He would offer experience and actual quality.

Praet 10 million.

Cant imagine we have anymore to spend than that. Use another loan for a CB or RB.

Embolo/Oulare as Adebayor back up until they settle in Premier League and prove themselves off the bench.

Not a great achievement though being slightly better than the cup final XI.  We need more goals from the team and that line up is short of that as I cant imagine many goals from Gil, Grealish or Praet so that just leaves Adebayor and/or the other striker.

Praet 10 million.

I doubt that Cambiasso and Praet will happen. Would be stoked if they did though. That side is, in my opinion, closer to the top half than the bottom. Very, very much improved on the Cup Final 11.

Praet 10 million.

Not a great achievement though being slightly better than the cup final XI.  We need more goals from the team and that line up is short of that as I cant imagine many goals from Gil, Grealish or Praet so that just leaves Adebayor and/or the other striker.

I dunno... last season we relied on Benteke... that side.. i could see Amavi Richards Bacuna scoring a few from the back line.. definately Cambiasso good for a few.. same with the front three.. plus rotate Gabby Sinclair..  we really need Grealish to step up and at least score 5-10 goals. I expect the same from Gil.

Chery for 2.5 million was a steal for QPR.. would have been a great back up/rotation player.. he scored 16 goals last year or something? worth a go at that price.

I hope Sherwood is in for a few good players on loan to bring in as well for more options.

Edited by KSV

Cambiasso would be decent , was big part of Leicster staying up.We could do we some experience in the squad

We need some players for sure both Amavi looked good and we have Gueye and Sanchez to come back into the centre.I worry about Gil got pushed off ball far to easily tonight the final time resulting in an injury.

Out of interest, which position did Gil play? For me, he sits in that position between midfield and behind the striker. I don't see him playing anywhere else.

Cambiasso would be decent , was big part of Leicster staying up.We could do we some experience in the squad

We need some players for sure both Amavi looked good and we have Gueye and Sanchez to come back into the centre.I worry about Gil got pushed off ball far to easily tonight the final time resulting in an injury.

Out of interest, which position did Gil play? For me, he sits in that position between midfield and behind the striker. I don't see him playing anywhere else.

He's been playing that exact role, Sherwood said he sees him as a no 10 not a winger.

I'm gonna try and add some positivity here and say that its my guess/hope that Gueye and Amavi were sanctioned by the club out of funds from the allocated transfer kitty which had been topped up by a few sales and the considerably reduced wage bill. The additional funds raised from the sale of pinocchio is now Tims to spend but we are waiting for confirmation on the Tekkers deal before we go back in to the market as that would have an impact on how much we have available. It has not been confirmed that he has passed his medical yet so we wouldnt take the risk of spending money we are not guaranteed to get. If my theory (no matter how unlikely) is correct I would expect 3 or 4 signings in quick succesion once Tekkers is out of the door.

Would defo like to see Oulare or Embolo along with a proven prem scorer, Praet & Darder which makes 4. then I would like us to give serious consideration to Ashley Williams who would be a great addition at CB for a couple of years and Kevin Mirallas or Cambiasso as all have prem experience. We still have room for a couple of loans as well.

I may be a mile off the mark here but its better to hope and have one day of depressing realisation at the end of the window than assume nothing is going to happen and be miserable every day.

• Like 1

Well the positive is the signings so far have been good 2 prem league experianced players , 2 highly rated players from France and Bunn as back up

So im gona be positive and expect more to come.

If there is lack of funds we do need to use the loan market.Its going to be a tough season we need all the help we can get and if that means loaning a player the Uniteds of this world arnt using so be it.

I think after losing Delph and Benteke it would be nice if we could get one big signing we can be excited about.

I can't see how we could possibly be out of money. I'm assuming Sherwood is just being smart so we don't get our pants pulled down every time we try to sign someone once Benteke has gone.

Edited by sexbelowsound

Yeah agree with all this.  No one really knows how much we have to spend, but if we look at what the club has actually done (rather than rumour), we have already made two really good quality signings, we have been very active in the market (lots of links and reported approaches) and we have sold, or are in the process of selling, quite a few players generating well over 40m. I still think we will see another 3-4 signings once the Benteke deal is done. Hopefully they arrive like buses - all at once!!

Edited by Gary Thomas

Gone quiet on the darder front hasn't it i looked at his instagram his mrs is fit

Fit? Hopefully fit to play as a striker once Benteke goes.

Only one English Player?

Only one English Player?

Two.

Only one English Player?

Grealish? :P

Only one English Player?

Two.

If you're classing Grealish as English, you can Clark too. Not exaclty got a Cork accent, has he?

• Like 1

Bacuna has been dreadful all pre season and is certainly not good enough to be a premier league right back.

We finished one place above the relegation zone last season and that was with a world class striker and an international midfielder.

In my honest opinion, you need 15-20m net spend just to stand still in the premier league and that's without losing your best two players. We're in real trouble at the minute and if I was a betting man, I'd wager a lot on us being relegated.

We need significant investment. Quickly.

A worried Villan.

• Like 1