Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Diego Rolan - 3867 minutes played last season, works out at 43 full games, scored 17 and got 8 assists. Works out 1 in 2.5 for goals, 1 in 5.3 for assists. 

Not bad at all for a 22 year old. 

• Like 1

Diego Rolan - 3867 minutes played last season, works out at 43 full games, scored 17 and got 8 assists. Works out 1 in 2.5 for goals, 1 in 5.3 for assists.

But where any of those minutes played in Stoke on a cold rainy Tuesday night?

• Like 4

What reassures me is that the players we have brought in so far have made complete sense (IMO) and the lack of leaks in and around Villa means we may very well be after players who we've not been linked with in the press.

• Like 1

I love the speculation threads on here as we see all sorts of players linked from all over europe with stats and youtube clips and it broadens our knowledge,  we never sign many of them if any but at least we get to see all these players!

• Like 2

He's a talent for sure, I'm sure he was linked with a big move last season.

If we could shift N'Zog he'd be a brilliant replacement.

Just saw the quoted price, eeek. Probably better value elsewhere.

Edited by itdoesntmatterwhatthissay

Really hope we're talking to Cambiasso but with him turning Lecister down I can't see him coming here now.

Well if he's not retiring and he is living in the area, I must say the news that he has turned down Leicester has actually given me hope.  In a Kevin Keegan kind of way I would love it love it if we signed him.

He's a talent for sure, I'm sure he was linked with a big move last season.

If we could shift N'Zog he'd be a brilliant replacement.

I'm Nzog's replacement as I turned up at VP more than he did last year

• Like 3

Really hope we're talking to Cambiasso but with him turning Lecister down I can't see him coming here now.

Might want to stay in the area? Long shot? Where's that straw clutching gif...

Well if he's not retiring and he is living in the area, I must say the news that he has turned down Leicester has actually given me hope.  In a Kevin Keegan kind of way I would love it love it if we signed him.

as I said yesterday Steve Hunt MK2.  Google it you young yoof Villa fans

and me but i think he'll go somewhere that offers him a 2 year deal

bunn for given

sinclair for weimann

richards for vlaar

gueye for cleverley

cambiasso for delph

+ amavi

would just leave the big man to replace with the (hopefully) £40m we've got to spend

adebayor, martial / embolo and a new CB, adebayor isnt ideal but that doesnt look as doom and gloom as its being made out to be, on a side note, the likes of talksport saying we're doomed and then throwing in given and weimann to the reasons why, its like they hardly ever watch us play...

Well if he's not retiring and he is living in the area, I must say the news that he has turned down Leicester has actually given me hope. In a Kevin Keegan kind of way I would love it love it if we signed him.

as I said yesterday Steve Hunt MK2. Google it you young yoof Villa fans

Don't get me wrong I had hoped all summer we woils go for him. He maybe just doesn't fancy staying in the midlands & another relegation fight so that's why I said I can't see him signing for us. Albeit we're a much bigger club, who knows.

He's probably got offers from MSL ect

Never rated Austin but when you look at how many goals he scored in a poor QPR side and being English with an opportunity to maybe get into the Euros squad I have to say I would take him. Now that Newcastle have signed 2 strikers it may be worth a cheeky offer.

Being devils advocate why is nobody else after him?

why did he turn them down?

Didnt like Ostrich sandwich

I wouldn't mind if we keep £10-20m to spend in Jan.  Inevitably out of potentially 8-10 signings not all will work out and it would be prudent to see who beds in and address any gaps then before it's too late.

Never rated Austin but when you look at how many goals he scored in a poor QPR side and being English with an opportunity to maybe get into the Euros squad I have to say I would take him. Now that Newcastle have signed 2 strikers it may be worth a cheeky offer.

Being devils advocate why is nobody else after him?

why did he turn them down?

Didnt like Ostrich sandwich

Leicester had a bid turned down, reportedly of 12m. Palace were linked but have now signed Bamford on loan, whether that may affect their thinking on this one. Newcastle have signed Mitrovic. Has this left the door open for us? Personally I'd think it's one of Adebayor/Austin then a younger, foreign striker in addition.

Fookin yes, get this guy in ASAP. I'd love the Holte End to blast out a chorus of Keep Rolan, Rolan, Rolan. Edited by villarocker
  • Like 1

I wouldn't mind if we keep £10-20m to spend in Jan.  Inevitably out of potentially 8-10 signings not all will work out and it would be prudent to see who beds in and address any gaps then before it's too late.

I would prefer we do what we can this window and worry about January when its here

• Like 1