Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

I'd say Tim managed to pinch a copy of the Spurs scouting file before he left because these are the sorts of players a club in their position should be looking at.

I'm loving the ambition though. After many seasons of being envious of some of the transfer coups being delivered by other teams it's nice to see us looking at the designer labels rather than the bargain basement.

Hopefully we will announce the signings of Amavi and Praet as soon as the Liverpool announce the Benteke deal, just to soften the blow. Then we can crack on with finding 2 strikers that will score enough goals to keep us up next year.

• Like 2

I just watched Martial youtube vid looks like a gabby replacement if anything

The bloke is rapid plays of the shoulders of defenders and can actually finish and score all types of goals henryesque

In no way a targetman or a big striker though

• Like 1

I just watched Martial youtube vid looks like a gabby replacement if anything

The bloke is rapid plays of the shoulders of defenders and can actually finish and score all types of goals henryesque

In no way a targetman or a big striker though

Would seem like a sensible type of forward/striker given the potential of playing narrow with Grealish/Gil/whoever as 2 x No. 10's behind him?

Most won't agree but again i'm seriously warming to the idea of Balotelli on loan (If he would come). Martial(or a similar player) would leave us with Martial, Kozak, Balotelli, Gabby, which is not a bad forward line at all.

• Like 1

Read an article about Monaco's buying/selling policies. They unashamedly buy cheap with the intention of selling high either 1 or 2 seasons later. They've done it with Kondogbia, Ferreira Carrasco, and according to the article intend to do it with Martial. Bought him for E5m and hope to sell him for E25m.

Most won't agree but again i'm seriously warming to the idea of Balotelli on loan (If he would come). Martial(or a similar player) would leave us with Martial, Kozak, Balotelli, Gabby, which is not a bad forward line at all.

It's not a bad shout, I reckon Sherwood is more likely to inspire a performance out of Mario than Rodgers is. The deal would need to have as little risk attached to it as possible, though. Same with Adebayor.

• Like 2

It's not a bad shout, I reckon Sherwood is more likely to inspire a performance out of Mario than Rodgers is. The deal would need to have as little risk attached to it as possible, though. Same with Adebayor.

Would take a punt of balotelli on loan (part wage payment or similar) - have that same niggling feeling that sherwood could get the best out of him. Would prefer this over any Adebayor.

• Like 1

If you absolutely had to pick between Balotelli and Adebayor I honestly think I'd pick Balotelli purely for the mental aspect.  They're both shit but one would at least be entertaining shit.  I'd then go and buy someone who'd do a job.

Read an article about Monaco's buying/selling policies. They unashamedly buy cheap with the intention of selling high either 1 or 2 seasons later. They've done it with Kondogbia, Ferreira Carrasco, and according to the article intend to do it with Martial. Bought him for E5m and hope to sell him for E25m.

Hardly anything new - I think that's roughly our new model too. 

If you absolutely had to pick between Balotelli and Adebayor I honestly think I'd pick Balotelli purely for the mental aspect.  They're both shit but one would at least be entertaining shit.  I'd then go and buy someone who'd do a job.

Balotelli is a better player, and still has time to turn it around.

Adebayor is shit and past it.