Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Gone pretty quiet on the transfer front the last few days except for a few tenuous links, hopefully the calm before the storm. Only just over 3 weeks rto the season KO ideally you would want most players in a week or 2 before that.

http://www.turkish-football.com/stoke-city-aston-villa-target-dzemaili/

The Premier League duo Stoke City and Aston Villa are both interested in signing Galatasaray’s out-of-favour midfielder Blerim Dzemaili according to 3Puan.

The report states that Galatasaray are willing to offload the Swiss international for £1.4 million and that Young Boys are also in the race to sign Dzemaili.

The experienced midfielder failed to make an impact since joining Galatasaray at the start of the season due to a string of injuries and falling behind the pecking order with Felipe Melo, Selçuk Inan and Hamit Altıntop keeping him out of the team.

Galatasaray ended the 2014-15 season with 77 points following their 1-1 draw with Rizespor in their final game of the season.

The Lions have become the first Süper Lig club to wear four stars on their shirt following the championship.

The Istanbul giants will qualify directly for the Champions League group stages this season.

The future is bright.  The future is blazing claret and stirring blue!

Let's not get too excited, we've only actually bought 1 player....

Sorry sir, can't help it.  'The Future' for Villa has, for so very long, meant nervously looking at fixture lists, staring bleakly at overgrown Sunday League pitches and filling out Predictors.  I'm relishing the difference.  I'll make a bet with you.  If I'm not smiling like a fool come September £100 to Villatalk.

Bloody hell, I like your positivity and confidence – stop it you'll get everyone excited....

We need a back four who can work together. I don't think we need anyone there Okore Richards Clark and Senderos are good enough IMO. Clark got better and better last year and Okore was decent whilst carrying a knee injury. Id concentrate on getting the full backs better. It's not always the best players who make the best defence. I want us to try for walker get him and Amavi and we'd be sorted.

There will be news today on a player. B)

Not necessarily a transfer deal. Or anything to do with Villa. Or a football player. It's about a piano player from Barnsley, that nobody's heard of. He's going to buy his mum a teapot for her birthday. ITK.
  • Like 2

We have had poor full backs for a while and I think that has had a huge impact on our center halves. Anyone who has played football at any level knows that if someone to the left or right of you is rubbish you have to cover for them.

Im a full believer that our Center Backs have had to cover our poorly positioned and poor defensive full backs. While not fully taking the responsibility away from our center backs they have had to sit deeper, play further apart, play 5 yards away from where they should be in order to cover space and players left by our full backs. 

Last ditch defending can only take you so far and that is what we have seen for a while from our defence. Vlaar didnt become a poor player over night and what showed in the world cup and his period of form was good positioning and interception as much as the tackling and heading. 

• Like 2

We have had poor full backs for a while and I think that has had a huge impact on our center halves. Anyone who has played football at any level knows that if someone to the left or right of you is rubbish you have to cover for them.

Im a full believer that our Center Backs have had to cover our poorly positioned and poor defensive full backs. While not fully taking the responsibility away from our center backs they have had to sit deeper, play further apart, play 5 yards away from where they should be in order to cover space and players left by our full backs. 

Last ditch defending can only take you so far and that is what we have seen for a while from our defence. Vlaar didnt become a poor player over night and what showed in the world cup and his period of form was good positioning and interception as much as the tackling and heading. 

Agree with this 100% another thing that has huge impact on center backs  is if your keeper isn't commanding enough or confident in his decisions, that is one thing which hampered the CB's last season.

Edited by limvillian

There will be news today on a player. B)

Not necessarily a transfer deal. Or anything to do with Villa. Or a football player. It's about a piano player from Barnsley, that nobody's heard of. He's going to buy his mum a teapot for her birthday. ITK.
Not until OTTFOT (On The Table, Full Of Tea).
  • Like 3