Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Apparently if we sign Amavi, we've still only spent around £12M net.

Where have those figures come from? Can't see how we've recouped any more than we paid for Sinclair so far. Would be more like £15-17m

Id see it along the lines of roughly:

2.5m Sinclair

7m Gueye before add ons.

9m Amavi before add ons.

===

18.5m

3m Weimann

1m Lowton

0.5m Sylla

===

4.5m

Net spend 14m.

Gazzetta dello Sport:

To convince the midfielder, the Swiss club has presented a proposal decades: 5 years as a player and as a manager in the technical area next 5

An old acquaintance of the Italian league, Blerim Dzemaili, could move to Young Boys, forming the tip of the Super League Switzerland. The former midfielder of Parma, Turin and Naples have been offered even decades (including so its placement in the technical area at the end of his career) by the team Oberland. The twenty-eight is also followed by Zion, and by Stoke from Aston Villa, but seems willing to prefer the option YB. Galatasaray, the current team of the Swiss National Currency player, out of contract in a year, two million euro.

http://www.gazzetta.it/Calciomercato/16-07-2015/dzemaili-y-boys-pazzesco-offerto-contratto-10-anni-120579640056.shtml

Our net spend was roughly that last season I think, plus we had the money to buy Cleverley as well, plus our outgoings in wages must be down a fair bit with the likes of Bent and Given leaving. I think we could buy Praet before we even contemplate letting Benteke go, in which case we'd have an extra £30m+ to spend on top. There's also the carrot of the huge new TV money next season, which may incentivise Randy to stretch the budget right to its limit.

• Like 2

Our net spend was roughly that last season I think, plus we had the money to buy Cleverley as well, plus our outgoings in wages must be down a fair bit with the likes of Bent and Given leaving. I think we could buy Praet before we even contemplate letting Benteke go, in which case we'd have an extra £30m+ to spend on top. There's also the carrot of the huge new TV money next season, which may incentivise Randy to stretch the budget right to its limit.

Our net spend last summer was £6m.

Agree with this. Given, Bent, Vlaar and Cleverley - theres a shed load of wages off the books there, then the others like Luna, Weimann, Sylla and Stevens will contribute to a small saving on wages. 

I'd think the combined wages of the new 4 would be less than what the above were on as a combination, so there should be room in terms of wages to add more players. If we sell Benteke we can add even more. 

Our current window has us signing Richards, Sinclair and Gueye. Normally you would be pleased with that, strengthening defence, midfield and attack but our squad is in need of major surgery.

Keeping Delph is huge and would have liked to keep Cleverley but if we sign our media targets:

Amavi

Praet

Townsend

We will have had a fantastic window again strengthening defence, midfield and attack.Then if we could add another striker or 2 if we lose Benteke, Austin and ?

Along with any of the youngsters we've been linked to Holgate (Barnsley) Byram and Cook (Leeds) Maddison (Coventry)

Then we will have had a truly outstanding window. Seems far to unrealistic and very un villa like. I'm off to play football manager.

• Like 1

He's clearly not rubbish. He was the second-best player on the pitch when we played them, and he had an excellent second half of the season. 

Whether he'd be a good signing for us is a different question, but he just isn't 'rubbish'. 

Linked with Matty Phillips today.

He's rubbish.

He was excellent in the second half of the season. He must have got close to ten assists. I'd take him if we can get that kind of form out of him and the price is right.

He also scored at Villa Park didn't he? Grealish didn't even manage that. 

Replacement wise does Austin really have this injury issue that was discussed on here before? If so I can't see us going in for him plus i'm not that convinced on him anyway.

You do wonder why no one else has gone in for him? They might just be waiting until the end of the window in hope QPR accept a lower fee I guess.

Embolo + another striker would be my choice.