Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

I just think there is a lot more to come from Sanchez but Westwood is as good as he is going to get. Wouldn't be bothered if either of them left to be honest.

I expect that Westwood will be one of the first names on the team sheet next season.

I disagree. Squad player at best.
Squad player yeah.had a better season than Sanchez

to move Weshwood on and keep Sanchez because he does well for his country is idiotic

If he kept Sanchez for that reason and that reason only that would be pretty stupid. If he kept Sanchez because he feels he is needed in his position and role but sells Westwood because has signed replacements for his type of game then would that be so bad?

IMO Sanchez is better at what he does than Westwood is at what he does. But they both do very different things and Westwood's position is the more demanding and difficult. His task is to run the show. Sanchez's is to break things up.

I can't work out what Westwoods role actually is. He has a good touch and reads the game well but is pretty ineffective at attacking and also pretty average at defending. He seems to be good at passing the ball around the middle of the pitch.

His job is to do a bit of absolutely everything.  He'll sometimes break up play around our own box.  He'll sometimes find himself coming on to phase 2 of a corner or set piece to have a pot shot.  Generally he'll receive the ball in the centre of the park and his job will be to instigate the next attack.  He's the string puller which is a massive responsibility because his performance largely dictates our performance.  But he'll never stand out, much in the same way that Carrick never stands out for United, yet they nearly always win when he's in the team.  I do think Westwood can still get better though.  I wouldn't say he's as good as he's going to get.  That particular midfield position gets better with experience.

• Like 4

I just think there is a lot more to come from Sanchez but Westwood is as good as he is going to get. Wouldn't be bothered if either of them left to be honest.

I expect that Westwood will be one of the first names on the team sheet next season.

I disagree. Squad player at best.
Squad player yeah.had a better season than Sanchez

to move Weshwood on and keep Sanchez because he does well for his country is idiotic

If he kept Sanchez for that reason and that reason only that would be pretty stupid. If he kept Sanchez because he feels he is needed in his position and role but sells Westwood because has signed replacements for his type of game then would that be so bad?
'If' a better replacement direct for Westwood then yes

Would Gueye not be off in january with his country?

as the squad stands at the minute i wouldnt get rid of either

• Like 1

IMO Sanchez is better at what he does than Westwood is at what he does. But they both do very different things and Westwood's position is the more demanding and difficult. His task is to run the show. Sanchez's is to break things up.

I can't work out what Westwoods role actually is. He has a good touch and reads the game well but is pretty ineffective at attacking and also pretty average at defending. He seems to be good at passing the ball around the middle of the pitch.

His job is to do a bit of absolutely everything. He'll sometimes break up play around our own box. He'll sometimes find himself coming on to phase 2 of a corner or set piece to have a pot shot. Generally he'll receive the ball in the centre of the park and his job will be to instigate the next attack. He's the string puller which is a massive responsibility because his performance largely dictates our performance. But he'll never stand out, much in the same way that Carrick never stands out for United, yet they nearly always win when he's in the team. I do think Westwood can still get better though. I wouldn't say he's as good as he's going to get. That particular midfield position gets better with experience.

If you think that's his role than we definitely need to replace him. He is not going to take us forward.

Maybe I'm being harsh. I just don't rate him.

IMO Sanchez is better at what he does than Westwood is at what he does.  But they both do very different things and Westwood's position is by far the more demanding and difficult.  His task is to run the show.  Sanchez's is to break things up.

At his best, Sanchez is the better player.

But that appears to be about one game in ten. When he's bad, he's shocking.

Westwood is far more consistent.

Obviously, the hope is that Sanchez will settle more this season and improve his consistency. But in the immediate future it should be Westwood starting ahead of Sanchez.

We will see the real Sanchez this year. Imo he looked unfit for the premier league which caused the lapses in his game. International football is a different style. A good pre season for him and he will be a different player. Hope he's back training soon

His job is to do a bit of absolutely everything. He'll sometimes break up play around our own box. He'll sometimes find himself coming on to phase 2 of a corner or set piece to have a pot shot. Generally he'll receive the ball in the centre of the park and his job will be to instigate the next attack. He's the string puller which is a massive responsibility because his performance largely dictates our performance. But he'll never stand out, much in the same way that Carrick never stands out for United, yet they nearly always win when he's in the team. I do think Westwood can still get better though. I wouldn't say he's as good as he's going to get. That particular midfield position gets better with experience.

If you think that's his role than we definitely need to replace him. He is not going to take us forward.

Me neither. Not good enough for the premier league.

IMO Sanchez is better at what he does than Westwood is at what he does.  But they both do very different things and Westwood's position is by far the more demanding and difficult.  His task is to run the show.  Sanchez's is to break things up.

Obviously, the hope is that Sanchez will settle more this season and improve his consistency. But in the immediate future it should be Westwood starting ahead of Sanchez.

We will see the real Sanchez this year. Imo he looked unfit for the premier league which caused the lapses in his game. International football is a different style. A good pre season for him and he will be a different player. Hope he's back training soon

I hope you're right.

If he can produce his best form on a consistent basis he'll be a great player for us.

Edited by Stevo985

Jesus, the links keep on coming!  When it rains it pours...

Couldn't we just round up all these fine gentleman and make them Hunger Games it out for our eternal affection?

Side point: Birmingham will burn to the ground if, come the start of the season, more than 80% of these links turn out to be red herrings.  The moment a hand-rubbing Wes Hoolahan waltzes up to B6 get ready to duck and cover...

• Like 1

IMO Sanchez is better at what he does than Westwood is at what he does. But they both do very different things and Westwood's position is by far the more demanding and difficult. His task is to run the show. Sanchez's is to break things up.

Me neither. Not good enough for the premier league.
Hopefuly we will see what Sanchez is capable of......

Linked with Adebayor again. Apparently Spurs will pay big chunk of wages and sell him for reduced fee.

If he costs us £5m and £40k a week then that would do.

• Like 1

Linked with Adebayor again. Apparently Spurs will pay big chunk of wages and sell him for reduced fee.

If he costs us £5m and £40k a week then that would do.

No thank you :(

• Like 2

I'd take Adebayor in an extremely cut price capacity as the guy on his day can make any defender look average, but only if Spurs take care of most of what makes him unattainable. That said looking at his goal stats he looks no better than Benteke.

His job is to do a bit of absolutely everything.  He'll sometimes break up play around our own box.  He'll sometimes find himself coming on to phase 2 of a corner or set piece to have a pot shot.  Generally he'll receive the ball in the centre of the park and his job will be to instigate the next attack.  He's the string puller which is a massive responsibility because his performance largely dictates our performance.  But he'll never stand out, much in the same way that Carrick never stands out for United, yet they nearly always win when he's in the team.  I do think Westwood can still get better though.  I wouldn't say he's as good as he's going to get.  That particular midfield position gets better with experience.

And sometimes he's just lurking around our box.  And sometimes that chance of a pot shot never comes to him.  And sometimes it looks like he's busy daydreaming about that Michael Carrick Shiny he swapped his lunch for.  He's a sometimes player that so often doesn't.  The superficial resemblance to Sir Carrick is what keeps us all oddly tantalised methinks.

I'd only take Adebayor on a free and on decent ages. He isn't worth £5m he's 31 and has a lot of crap going on in his life which would make him a liability but if we could get him playing he'd be a decent signing. For £5m you could pick up a striker off the continent it'd be just as risky but there'd be a sell on fee.

He's a sometimes player that so often doesn't.  The superficial resemblance to Sir Carrick is what keeps us all oddly tantalised methinks.

Yeah true, it is probably slightly harsh but fair.  His problem is that on the occasions when he 'does', it's not very apparent because it's not a Hollywood position.  Let's hope the resemblance becomes less superficial this season.

Being linked with Sergi Darder.

http://www.calcionews24.com/l-aston-villa-vuole-chiudere-per-darder-450068.html

CALCIOMERCATO INTER ROMA ASTON VILLA Darder -

After toying with the idea of playing in the Italian league for Sergi Darder I can open wide the doors of the Premier League. The Spanish midfielder ofMálaga , has learned by our staff, it is close to closing with Aston Villa. There is an agreement with Malaga for a figure close to ten million Euros but the club of Birmingham should be finalized before the two supplies. 

ROME WINDOW - Darder like Inter and love to Rome where he Sabatini in a fan. The player and his entourage are in question with Aston Villa and could come soon for the white smoke. 

Can't say I know much about him.

Another British Spurs reject,

**** off Sherwood you BNP.