Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

If we can pull off Gueye,Amavi,Praet & a striker and a couple of better than we already have then could be a decent season and not being in Europa will be a blessing in disguise

Don't we need a right midfielder/winger too? If Sherwood's not sure about Gil I can see us being in for one …
Bacuna?

Sinclair play there too?

Or perhaps Dennis Praet?

Gotta love The Mirror. That link has a story about Harry Kewell with a picture of him playing for Liverpool with the caption reading 'Harry Kewell during his Leeds days.' Muppets.

Ha maybe they are right, remember Downing and the scarf! :)

Guzan

Richards okore vlaar amavi

Sanchez

Gueye. Delph

Praet. Gil

Benteke

We could line up like this next year and the bench with Clark Sinclair Westwood gabby grealish given baker . We would be a very good proposition and surely won't struggle again surely not ?

Hope the Gueye signing is a benchmark of what is to come as opposed to an exception. The links to Praet and Amavi are very positive.

Hopefully we aren't signing Gueye as a "marquee" signing, only to surround him with Championship level players who cost less than £2m.

Guzan

Sanchez

Gueye. Delph

Praet. Gil

Benteke

We could line up like this next year and the bench with Clark Sinclair Westwood gabby grealish given baker . We would be a very good proposition and surely won't struggle again surely not ?

You would have Gil in there instead of Grealish? And Vlaar instead of Clark?

• Like 1

If we can pull off Gueye,Amavi,Praet & a striker and a couple of better than we already have then could be a decent season and not being in Europa will be a blessing in disguise

Don't we need a right midfielder/winger too? If Sherwood's not sure about Gil I can see us being in for one …

Bacuna?

But would he be first choice and surely we wouldn't JUST have Bacuna… we'd have competition right? Seems to me that Gil isn't really a winger either, more a right attacking mid

Edited by tomh621

Guzan

Sanchez

Gueye. Delph

Praet. Gil

Benteke

Tin hat on, but im gonna nip this in the bud. Gil is a better player than grealish. Ok we have not seen much of him, but watch him when at Valencia for proof. Also was in the under 21's for spain, he is no mug just has a bad rep becuase Sherwood has not played him. 

Grealish is one of our own, which is why most fans think more of him, but it would be Gill before Grealish all day for me.

• Like 2

Guzan

Sanchez

Gueye. Delph

Praet. Gil

Benteke

Tin hat on, but im gonna nip this in the bud. Gil is a better player than grealish. Ok we have not seen much of him, but watch him when at Valencia for proof. Also was in the under 21's for spain, he is no mug just has a bad rep becuase Sherwood has not played him. 

Grealish is one of our own, which is why most fans think more of him, but it would be Gill before Grealish all day for me.

Grealish was the best player on the pitch in most of the games he started under Tim Sherwood.  

Not a bad squad if we can get these guys in - and keep the main group together...

Begovic

(Guzan)

Richards  Vlaar  Clark  Amavi

(Hutton)  (Okore)  (Baker)  (Richardson)

Sanchez  Gueye  Delph

(Gardner)  (Westwood)  

Grealish  Gil

(N'Zogbia)  (Sinclair)  (Gabby)  (Praet)  (Cole)

Benteke

(Kozak)  (Robinson)

I'm confident that squad could compete for mid table - maybe even more if we found some consistent form and some better luck with injuries. A lot depends on whether we can keep the Beast and Delph though, and to a lesser extent Vlaar. I still wouldn't be sure about lining up with Hutton first choice rb and Richards in the centre.  

I'd certainly be feeling sprightly come the start of the season if all these deals came off though. 

Guzan

Sanchez

Gueye. Delph

Praet. Gil

Benteke

I don't think a tin hat will be enough......

I just find it highly odd that suddenly we have all this money to spend. To me it says that Benteke and/or Delph will be leaving and we're spending the money before other teams know we have it to spend, which is probably a wise thing to do.