Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Why on earth would be go to Leicester?

If he did, it would be for one of the following reasons:

1) He really likes crisps

2) He thinks Nigel Pearson is a lovely man

3) Money

.. I'm just not sure which one of those it would be.

Are others nervous about our lack of signings thus far or is it to early in the window to start worrying?

Same as always, I'll worry when the teams around us start improving their squads, if Sunderland bought wijnaldum for example (they won't) or Newcastle get Austin

Apart from Liverpool no one has got going yet really

Liverpool also linked with Cousins according to that, last time we both did battle for a Charlton youngster (Gomez), we lost, as expected.

I also hope it's only 3 players 'for now' we are after, I don't see that being enough between now and the start of the season, unless they are 3 bloody good ones.

• Like 1

only after 3 players

a.) it says "at least" 3 players

b.) nobody knows how many players we're in the market for

I wish people would stop putting so much stock in transfer rumours. There's nothing to 99% of them, yet every bloody link someone on here takes it as being cold hard fact

Edited by P3te
  • Like 1

Are others nervous about our lack of signings thus far or is it to early in the window to start worrying?   

It's too early.

We already know we won't be doing much until this takeover malarky is done. Still got until end of august. 

We should snap up Heaton from Burnley quality keeper what we need to and would be cheap.I like Walker from Spurs to.I just hope this sell of the club is not holding us back buying players,and then we go into panic mode before the season.Dont know what this club needs playing with relegation last 4 years and realize we need to spend some $$$$$$ on quality players not average players.

Edited by ozvilla28

It's reported Nzonzi ... wants to play champions league football

tumblr_n88lpasKof1qgr036o8_r1_250.gif

Well, I'm sure he could if he were to move to a club in Turkey or Holland
Just listening to talk sport and that plonker Durham is suggesting that England should claim him if France don't want him.

That gif was me for 5 mins, before I had a word with myself and switched over to planet rock.

Edited by av1

The link to the Swansea player is basic agent stuff, bid accepted, in discussions with Fulham, wants more money, cooks up a story about 2 prem teams wanting him

He'll sign for Fulham with an extra couple of grand a week in wages

We should snap up Heaton from Burnley quality keeper what we need to and would be cheap.I like Walker from Spurs to.I just hope this sell of the club is not holding us back buying players,and then we go into panic mode before the season.Dont know what this club needs playing with relegation last 4 years and realize we need to spend some $$$$$$ on quality players not average players.

I don't think Heaton would want to be 2nd choice to Guzan and he would not be cheap at all. 

• Like 1

I don't think Heaton would want to be 2nd choice to Guzan and he would not be cheap at all.

He wouldn't be. Tim doesn't seem to like Guzan.

With what few links we have had to date, the likely cost of most of the recent links and more players leaving than joining us it seems that yet again money is too tight to mention at B6.

If a takeover does happen in the window things might change quickly but if like last season it does not our present custodian really needs to put some money into the transfer kitty or risk another flirtation with relegation and the impact that might have on our sale price.  

At the moment that seems like wild speculation to me John. It's still very early and we did just sign a player on £65k a week. Also worth noting we appear to be holding out for the full whack for Benteke.

I'm expecting a busy summer and a net spend of about £20m. Takeover notwithstanding.

It's reported Nzonzi ... wants to play champions league football

tumblr_n88lpasKof1qgr036o8_r1_250.gif
Well, I'm sure he could if he were to move to a club in Turkey or Holland
Just listening to talk sport and that plonker Durham is suggesting that England should claim him if France don't want him.

That gif was me for 5 mins, before I had a word with myself and switched over to planet rock.

It never fails to amaze me how these pundits and journalists can't seem to understand such basic rules.