Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

I really can't see why Begovic would even look twice at us at the moment. He's easily a Top 4 goalkeeper and better off sticking with Stoke than coming here.

Its like a chef deciding not to apply for a job in a Michelin starred kitchen, jacking in his own Gastro Pub and joining McDonalds flipping burgers.

Might it be that Begovic is let in on info about the future economic circumstances of AVFC, behind the scenes stuff which will remain secret to the public in another, say, ten days? Perhaps?

Yeah, what report are people citing as making this even remotely looking like happening?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3139024/Aston-Villa-join-race-sign-Asmir-Begovic-Tim-Sherwood-hopes-beat-Chelsea-Bosnia-goalkeeper-s-signature.html

Aston Villa have made enquiries for Stoke City goalkeeper Asmir Begovic.

The Bosnia international is wanted by Chelsea but Villa hope to match their financial offer and the prospect of regular football.

Begovic has concerns about moving to Chelsea to start behind Thibaut Courtois, who has cemented his position as first-choice stopper at Stamford Bridge.

Edited by av1

Even if Villa do get a big money takeover there's no guarantee we'll be racing up the league table. Stoke is a stable top 10 club at the moment and while I'd be delighted, I would be surprised if Begovic was to join. However, with not long left on his contract and a decent backup keeper in Butland, Stoke could cash in I guess?

• Like 2

Watching that makes you realise that while Benteke got all the plaudits, Goose practically kept us up that year.

I don't think that we need a new keeper if we are to abide by FFP this summer, sure no player in our squad is irreplaceable, but we have much bigger concerns in other positions IMO assuming that our spend will be no more than £20m/£25m.

Who knows maybe Tim doesn't fancy him as No1, but I'm hopeful that this little spell out of the team will have done Brad some good, and he'll come back stronger. It did the job for Joe Hart, it really re-focused him.

• Like 1

Even if Villa do get a big money takeover there's no guarantee we'll be racing up the league table. Stoke is a stable top 10 club at the moment and while I'd be delighted, I would be surprised if Begovic was to join. However, with not long left on his contract and a decent backup keeper in Butland, Stoke could cash in I guess?

Begović lost his place to Butland.

A back 5 that includes Micah Richards and Asmir Begovic fills me with a lot of confidence. If we can improve left back by, for example, replacing Keiran Richardson with a standard green recycling wheelie bin and then hope no-one triggers Benteke's asking price then I might dare to dream of a season full of midtable boredom.

Villa's new left back caught having one too many on summer break.

image.jpg

Does an overweight defender live in there?

Manure was interested wasn't they?would he wait to see how the De Gea situation unfolded?

His stock has fallen over the past couple of seasons. United will aim quite a bit higher now.

Manure was interested wasn't they?would he wait to see how the De Gea situation unfolded?

His stock has fallen over the past couple of seasons. United will aim quite a bit higher now.
Lloris..forgot about them looking at him

Tyrone Mings is off to Bournemouth for £8m.

Did see his name pop up here a few times.

You'll often see the promoted teams spend big  money on players from the league they got out of. Not necessarily a clever policy.

Although he is highly rated.

Begovic would be a top signing for us! Would love it to happen. Guzan is a great keeper and it could be argued we need to spend on other areas more than this position but Begovic is a top keeper and who is to say we still wont spend on other areas ? 

Tyrone Mings is off to Bournemouth for £8m.

Did see his name pop up here a few times.

You'll often see the promoted teams spend big  money on players from the league they got out of. Not necessarily a clever policy.

Although he is highly rated.

Yes Bournemouth have a decent squad unlike some teams that have been promoted. If they keep the likes of Richie and Wilson and add wisely to their squad they will stay up. 

Leicester City star Jeffrey Schlupp is in talks over a new deal as the Foxes look to secure his long-term future, sources have told ESPN FC.

The Ghana international has been linked with a move to clubs including Arsenal and Aston Villa after producing some sparkling displays as Leicester sealed Premier League survival last season.

Schlupp's performances saw him win the club's Young Player of the Year award as well as the Player's Player of the Year trophy.

Leicester are keen to keep the 22-year-old and have opened discussions over a new contract at the King Power Stadium.

http://www.espnfc.com/leicester-city/story/2504155/jeffrey-schlupp-in-talks-over-new-leicester-contract-sources

The agent got what he wanted then.