Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

with the defence passing about infront of you and making mistakes would you be confident

i havent been confident watching Villa Full Stop for a long time

if Sherwood wants to bring a new keeper in fair enough if its an improvement on Guzan im all for improving the starting 11.So Begovic yes Heaton NO

think some of the slack Guzans getting is abit unfair because it all seems to be on him and the un organised mistake ridden defence isn't getting a mention

With what few links we have had to date, the likely cost of most of the recent links and more players leaving than joining us it seems that yet again money is too tight to mention at B6.

If a takeover does happen in the window things might change quickly but if like last season it does not our present custodian really needs to put some money into the transfer kitty or risk another flirtation with relegation and the impact that might have on our sale price.  

Simply read, John has made a great point...

I find it baffling how one sliced kick (happens to every single player in every single position) can suddenly make you a poor keeper.

Probably because it isn't about 'one sliced kick'.

given against Southampton?Long said he knows Given likes to play sweeper and what happened?now that was givens fault he basicaly asked to get done there because surely being 39 he would know in the prem league with the game going as it was stay close to ya goal

Guzan did not intentionaly slice that kick to Aguero.you cant put everything on Guzan when theres a shocking defence infront of him

I don't know how to respond, because I wasn't talking about Given and I'm obviously aware that Guzan wasn't deliberately sabotaging us. 

Being reported down here in Swansea that we are interested in signing Jazz Richards a full back come midfielder,please having seen him play on numerous occasions hope we are not as foolish as that he's a useful League 1 player full stop.

im not saying you was talking about Given.nobody was talking about Given i was simply quoting the first available post so i apologise for that

i was trying to say Givens performance in the 6-1 was worse than Guzans at City.if Steer hadn't returned then Given would of played against Burnley.Guzan shouldnt of been dropped especialy for a GK who then replaces conceedes 10 in 2

The final i understand Given playing because he was the cup keeper but Southampton n Burnley should of been Guzan

With sherwood assembling his own team it would be nice to see a confident Guzan with a better defence infront of him because we would see a better keeper

Edited by Villan81

With what few links we have had to date, the likely cost of most of the recent links and more players leaving than joining us it seems that yet again money is too tight to mention at B6.

If a takeover does happen in the window things might change quickly but if like last season it does not our present custodian really needs to put some money into the transfer kitty or risk another flirtation with relegation and the impact that might have on our sale price.  

Simply read, John has made a great point...

simply-red-memorabilia.jpg

• Like 3

im not saying you was talking about Given.nobody was talking about Given i was simply quoting the first available post so i apologise for that

i was trying to say Givens performance in the 6-1 was worse than Guzans at City.if Steer hadn't returned then Given would of played against Burnley.Guzan shouldnt of been dropped especialy for a GK who then replaces conceedes 10 in 2

The final i understand Given playing because he was the cup keeper but Southampton n Burnley should of been Guzan

With sherwood assembling his own team it would be nice to see a confident Guzan with a better defence infront of him because we would see a better keeper

Ah okay, thanks for clarifying. 

Begovic (if true) seems strange for a club of our spending – Tim and Tom aren’t stupid, you just wouldn’t outlay money on an expensive new GK when it needs to be spent elsewhere first.  It actually sounds like (dun dun duhhh) the work of a club about to be taken over by a richer owner about to splash the cash. 

:suspect:

• Like 2

Lazyness on my part sorry Hanoi

I wouldn't be against Begovic as a signing, Guzan has done ok over the last few seasons but can be improved upon. Our defence is a shambles and GK is part of that unit, fingers crossed Tim is looking to tighten us up at the back as I don't think my health can take watching the current lot for much longer.

However, I would be surprised if we landed Begovic as I imagine he will have his sights set higher than us at the moment?

Begovic (if true) seems strange for a club of our spending – Tim and Tom aren’t stupid, you just wouldn’t outlay money on an expensive new GK when it needs to be spent elsewhere first. It actually sounds like (dun dun duhhh) the work of a club about to be taken over by a richer owner about to splash the cash.

Not necessarily. If we were to get Begovic for the rumoured £7m, you'd think we might be able to get £3m-£4m for Guzan, maybe from one of the promoted sides, or a side trying to bring in a few 'experienced, if not spectacular' Premier League players.

Given's going no-where, because of his wages, and Steer is still a half-decent prospect, so it would make sense to make some money now by selling Guzan, if Sherwood doesn't rate him.

Spending a total of £3m-£4m to improve your first choice goalkeeper isn't bad, really.

Begovic (if true) seems strange for a club of our spending – Tim and Tom aren’t stupid, you just wouldn’t outlay money on an expensive new GK when it needs to be spent elsewhere first.  It actually sounds like (dun dun duhhh) the work of a club about to be taken over by a richer owner about to splash the cash. 

Exactly my thoughts, if this is a goer than it may be hold on to your butts time. I really like Guzan and see no point in replacing him unless we are really looking to push on to another level.

• Like 1

Lazyness on my part sorry Hanoi

No worries mate!  :cheers: