Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

As Stefan said, Townsend isn't any better than Sinclair. He is a pretty unintelligent player and possesses an awful delivery/final ball. Ultimately, if he went for a modest fee, he could be a useful squad option. But he is an English international and we'd be dealing with Levy, so £10m minimum which would be a total rip-off.

• Like 2

Townsend hahah

We don't play with wingers and Sinclair is just as good. Waste of money and vastly overrated.

Ahh the joy of opinions.

Townsend is one I would love to see us sign to be honest.

I think he would be a realistic signing, who would give us a different option in wide areas. He is by no means a world beater, but for the level we are at/trying to get to, I think he would be a fine signing.

I agree with you, i think he's done at spurs to be honest and i'd take him

As Stefan said, Townsend isn't any better than Sinclair. He is a pretty unintelligent player and possesses an awful delivery/final ball. Ultimately, if he went for a modest fee, he could be a useful squad option. But he is an English international and we'd be dealing with Levy, so £10m minimum which would be a total rip-off.

Agreed, £10m would be way too much. I'd take him for £5/6m though.

His end product isn't woeful, just inconsistent. A top winger, with pace and consistent end product would be way out of our league at this moment.

He's the kind of player who can make a difference and we lack genuine widemen.

If Hamburg are relegated tomorrow i would not mind us looking at René Adler

Even thou he might not be as good as he was before the knee injury

Why are people talking about 5m+ players like it's FM?

Under Lerner/FFP we have very little money to spend and so far I've not seen or heard anything to the contrary, have I missed something?

The only way we might see some money spent is to sell first but apart from Benteke we don't have much to sell. Lose Benteke goals and we are as good as gone it's that serious.

Some will say selling him for the reported 32.5m is good business and that money can be used to buy 3/4 decent player to replace and rebuild. If we were finishing it the top half then I might agree but we will really struggle to lure the type of players needed to the club after the last 5 seasons. Besides the club under Lerner will not pay the wages that other clubs do and most will go to the club who offers them the most money.

The best we can hope for is to carry on trying to find the next Benteke down in the bargain basements, depressing I know but this is our reality.

• Like 1

Already have Sinclair who is a better player, so massive no thanks to this:

http://www.winnersports.co.uk/exclusive-aston-villa-fc-to-make-a-move-for-matt-phillips-78959#.VWsJdbLARHY.twitter

EXCLUSIVE: While there is no doubting that Tim Sherwood has managed to make a positive impact since his arrival as Aston Villa manager back in February, the campaign has ended on a bitter note for the 46-year old after seeing his side succumb to a disappointing 4-0 loss at the hands of Arsenal in the FA Cup.

Following the defeat, Sherwood was left visibly disappointed and the straight talking manager revealed that he will look to make a massive overhaul this summer by offloading the deadwood present at the club.

Sherwood has made his intention clear of wanting to get rid of players who are surplus to requirements and at the same time, the former Tottenham boss will also need to recruit a host of new players in order to properly facilitate his style at Villa Park.

Sherwood has already moved on to secure the services of Scott Sinclair on a permanent deal from Manchester City and now Winner Sports can exclusively reveal that the Villa boss is eyeing a move for Queens Park Rangers star Matt Phillips.

Despite QPR enduring a torrid campaign in the Premier League which culminated in their eventual relegation, Phillips enjoyed a productive season where he managed an impressive 8 assists and 3 goals in 25 appearances. Therefore, a host of top flight clubs are keen on taking Phillips on board this summer.

With the race to win the services of Phillips hotting up, Villa are now ramping up their pursuit of the 24-year old and it can be revealed that the Midlands based outfit are planning to table a bid in the region of around £5-8million in order to tempt QPR into selling their prized asset.

Due to UEFA set to impose huge fines on QPR for breaching Financial Fair Play regulations, the Hoops find themselves in a very difficult financial situation and will be forced to offload Phillips if Villa table a decent offer.

Under Lerner/FFP we have very little money to spend and so far I've not seen or heard anything to the contrary, have I missed something?

The only way we might see some money spent is to sell first but apart from Benteke we don't have much to sell. Lose Benteke goals and we are as good as gone it's that serious.

Some will say selling him for the reported 32.5m is good business and that money can be used to buy 3/4 decent player to replace and rebuild. If we were finishing it the top half then I might agree but we will really struggle to lure the type of players needed to the club after the last 5 seasons. Besides the club under Lerner will not pay the wages that other clubs do and most will go to the club who offers them the most money.

The best we can hope for is to carry on trying to find the next Benteke down in the bargain basements, depressing I know but this is our reality.

2013 we spent 7m on Kozak and last year we agreed 8m deal for Cleverley before he refused and then rushed through a loan so that's two recent transfer windows where we've spent more than you've mentioned.

Swansea Sold Bony hasn't made much difference....someone else will step up to the plate.....we need a team.

No disrespect, but what did a potentially 32.5 mill pound player do for us yesterday, without the service.

He needs players around him to flourish and we havn't got them....its a parodox

its time to do business.....just like the time with Andy Gray and John Deehan.....There is always a right time and I think it is now.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

Already have Sinclair who is a better player, so massive no thanks to this:

http://www.winnersports.co.uk/exclusive-aston-villa-fc-to-make-a-move-for-matt-phillips-78959#.VWsJdbLARHY.twitter

EXCLUSIVE: While there is no doubting that Tim Sherwood has managed to make a positive impact since his arrival as Aston Villa manager back in February, the campaign has ended on a bitter note for the 46-year old after seeing his side succumb to a disappointing 4-0 loss at the hands of Arsenal in the FA Cup.

Following the defeat, Sherwood was left visibly disappointed and the straight talking manager revealed that he will look to make a massive overhaul this summer by offloading the deadwood present at the club.

Sherwood has made his intention clear of wanting to get rid of players who are surplus to requirements and at the same time, the former Tottenham boss will also need to recruit a host of new players in order to properly facilitate his style at Villa Park.

Sherwood has already moved on to secure the services of Scott Sinclair on a permanent deal from Manchester City and now Winner Sports can exclusively reveal that the Villa boss is eyeing a move for Queens Park Rangers star Matt Phillips.

Despite QPR enduring a torrid campaign in the Premier League which culminated in their eventual relegation, Phillips enjoyed a productive season where he managed an impressive 8 assists and 3 goals in 25 appearances. Therefore, a host of top flight clubs are keen on taking Phillips on board this summer.

With the race to win the services of Phillips hotting up, Villa are now ramping up their pursuit of the 24-year old and it can be revealed that the Midlands based outfit are planning to table a bid in the region of around £5-8million in order to tempt QPR into selling their prized asset.

Due to UEFA set to impose huge fines on QPR for breaching Financial Fair Play regulations, the Hoops find themselves in a very difficult financial situation and will be forced to offload Phillips if Villa table a decent offer.

No quotes

If Sherwood means what he says about losers then maybe he shouldn't go anywhere near the players of a team that got relegated.

Edited by useless
  • Like 2

I was thinking of Shaun-Wright, but don't rate Matty Phillips either. Also with Fer he seems to be highly rated amongst other fans but looking on a QPR forum a lot on there didn't seem as impressed by him, suggesting he was very inconsistent.